Ben Burr Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 147 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Huge difference in lower trail and Upper. Way better to start in Underhill park. No homeless trash trails and lots more Alpine trails as opposed to straight pavement. Tried walking back through town.....dismal.

Good trail for Nordic walking. Varied terrain off the paved trail. To me it is nice for practicing use of trekking poles and regaining cardio discipline. Did the 3 mile out and back with no homeless in sight. Nice shade tree at end of paved trail down in park to rest.

It’s what it is. Walking distance to my house, walking distance to the Grain Shed, South Perry Pizza, the Shop, the Pub, you know. Both Liberty Park and Underhill Park are mysterious urban treasures filled with unexplored goodness. Homelessness will continue to be an urban problem and this is a priceless urban trail.

This is ok, for being downtown. Lots of homeless, but no issues. Seemed nice. But single ladies and smaller hikers maybe not. I wouldn’t do it again. But I wanna do all these trails so .

the parking is iffy the trail has garbage all over it.will not be doing this one again.

This is my first time ever writing a poor review. My son and I hiked this trail and the photos provided with the beautiful greenery were not apart of the trail. It was all a paved trail. There was a used condom along the trail, empty beer cans thrown to the side, the parking lot is sketchy, and some of the people absolutely live within the trail in the woods (Tent) along side of the pave way. It wasn’t horrible in the day time, but I would caution going there when the sun starts to go down.

Wed May 22 2019

Good for running, walking and biking!

Thu Mar 21 2019

3/21/19 snow still on a majority of the trail. this trail was much better before they paved it but it's still a great trail because of it's location and the low usage.

Wed Aug 22 2018

May be a good place for an adult runner, but not a good family hike. Homeless all over. Was worried about leaving our car, did not feel safe. Glass on a lot of the trail so not safe for dogs either. I will say the park area was pretty well maintained and the trail is newly paved. Just not worth all the worries. There are much better hike trails out there.

Sun Aug 05 2018

I've been running this the last couple days with my dogs off leash and there is rarely anyone on it. it's kept clean and I really like it. it's nice to have a little bit of nature in the big city!

Thu Mar 15 2018

Still snow and ice in spots on 03/10/18. I liked that it was nicely paved and taken care of, but don’t think I’ll be back. Kinda one of those things where you do it once and then don’t feel the need to come back.

Thu Mar 16 2017

nice hike.. snow in spots but kept nice... would walk again, great views of spokane

Wed Mar 15 2017

nice view points of Spokane

Sun Jul 31 2016

Nope not worth it

Thu Jul 28 2016

First off when parking in the parking lot there were at least 4 bums living out of their cars parked there. I was there with my 6 kids..not ideal. Then we couldn't find the trailhead because it was under construction. We explored around anyway and all that we found were drug needles, broken glass, beer bottles and honestly drugged out druggies. Not at all a family friendly place I'd be taking my kids to again. Even if we had been able to get on the trail it's not a safe environment.

Sun Jun 26 2016

I live within walking distance of this trail. It was a nice walk and we enjoyed the view and scenery, but we passed some homeless camps, a used and discarded syringe, and had to carry the dogs over a few areas where there was broken glass.

Sun Apr 17 2016

It was shorter than expected. Strange neighborhood.

Wed Apr 13 2016

not a comfortable feeling there.. the nature was pretty but it feels and appears like a sketchy area.

Fri Apr 08 2016

I jog this all the time. it's beautiful

Thu Jan 03 2013

I live very close to this trail and have been on it a lot. It is actually a nice trail for being in the middle of the city. However, I have come across a handful of homeless camps and have seen some shady dudes on this trail. Underhill and Liberty parks are connected by the trail. Both look nice but again watch out for any unsavory characters. I don't want to give the trail a bad reputation because nothing has happened to me but just be careful.

Fri May 25 2012

I walked this trail with my dog, Riley, today. It's a nice walk in the woods in the middle of the city. Almost straight at a gradual slope. We walked from the west end of Liberty Park to the suspension bridge , uphill all the way. Beautiful weather, some nice views, only 3 other people, one with a dog. Probably won't go there again.