Beckler Peak

Beckler Peak is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Skykomish, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

First time hiking this trail and was not disappointed! Long, gradual inclines at the beginning followed by numerous switchbacks towards the peak. LOTS of snow up at the top. Up to 2 ft of powder in some places. Trail got pretty slick on the way down as the temperature got warmer and the snow melted. Not a lot of people earlier in the morning but passed a good amount on the way down. Views were beautiful at the top and the trail itself was a stunning winter wonderland in the evergreens.

Currently closed

This is a great hike. The trail is beautiful, with a large section of old-growth forest to walk through. The trail is a steady easy-moderate grade with no steeps! The view is beautiful, and it was dog-friendly for my Golden Retriever. IHowever, I went to see fall color and was disappointed there was very little on the trail.

This is a great hike! Got to see some gorgeous fall color.

beyond beautiful views

Favorite hike! Incredible views and well worth the long drive up the mountain.

a great trail with amazing views. a truly rewarding experience.

great climb

My wife and I hiked to Beckler Peak. The weather was sunny and the temperature was between 63 F and 80 F. It was a beautiful day to hike to the summit with great 360 degree view. There were still some snow patches on the trail, which made route finding skill necessary. The road to the trailhead is 7 miles long from the highway 2. It is a single lane dirt road and has potholes but you can drive around most of them. When we arrived at the trailhead at 11 am there were three cars. There is a vault toilet at the trailhead.

As stated in other reviews, the snow makes it difficult to find the switchbacks so the best choice is to shoot straight to the top. You may second guess yourself on the way up but go for it, the views are breathtaking!

Snow pack made it the best hike so far this year.

As Emily mentions in her report from a week ago, the trail is difficult to find in the snow, and we also scrambled straight up (and down) where the switchbacks would have been. Breathtaking views await up top though!

This trail was absolutely amazing. We got to the trail head around 08:00 and there were five cars in the parking lot. Upon hiking about two miles the trail becomes hard to find. Don't be confused and wonder around trying to find a definite trail because there isn't one this time of year. We basically went straight up where there should have been switchbacks. Eventually everyone miraculously finds the trail that leads to the summit. Despite the snow being super skill it was amazing. The views were magnificent! On the way down there is a trail for a while, but then people split off going wherever they think is the best. In some spots it was great for sliding down on your rear as if you are sledding! The views were great and the times were fun. I recommend this hike. Get stoked for the 360 views.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

The snow amplified the beauty for this hike. It was serene and incredible. Could not see much while at the peak due to heavy cloud coverage but there is rewarding scenery buried in the trees. Great hike.

Monday, November 21, 2016

Awesome hike. There was about a foot of snow on the ground and it started snowing while we were on the top, but we had just the right visibility before the clouds started to settle around the peak.

I definitely recommend shoes geared more towards snow and better traction. The shoes I had were not even slightly water proof- but the hike was definitely worth it.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Well kept trail and just a little snow near the top that was completely passable. I hiked in trail runners and was totally fine. Mostly uphill with gentle rolling switchbacks. The view at the top was spectacular and still not too crowded.

I got there about 9:20, was up the 3.8 miles to the top about 10:40. Then ran the whole way down in about 40 min (it was all downhill!). Very pleasant hike!

By the time I got down (about noon), parking lot was full and only about 12-18 cars were parked on the road leading up to the trailhead. Perhaps it's the crazy 6.6 miles from the main road to the trailhead that deter people! It's pretty good considering, but lots of potholes and there were times I wondered if I was going in the right direction!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great training hike to break in a new pack. Pure uphill for a little over three miles but completely worth it at the top. There's currently snow starting about 2/3 of the way up but it's largely hard packed and relatively easy to cross. Spikes would help but I managed without.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Took a chance on this hike knowing that there was snow at the top and we didn't have appropriate snow gear. It was SO worth it.

The first 2-2.5 miles are on a well marked, well kept trail with a gradual incline. After about the 2.5 mile point (according to my GPS, which may have been slightly off), the trail completely disappears due to snow cover. We had no clue if we were going in the right direction, so with the help of a map, a compass, and following previous hikers' footprints, we took a path essentially straight up the mountainside (very steep!) for the last mile or so. We had regular hiking boots which made it difficult with the 6"-1' of snow still on the ground. We passed some snowshoers and some people with spikes who had no trouble at all.

But when we made it out on top, the views were absolutely incredible. So stunning. Made the entire trip worthwhile. We may have to return again later in the season when the snow has melted.

Overall, I'd completely recommend it, just be prepared for lots of snow, and take a map with you as well so you don't get lost.

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Unbeatable views, gorgeous, well maintained trail. Not crowded (mid-week, mid-day, one of six other hikers).

Friday, July 03, 2015

Beautiful views up top. :)