Bear Creek Mountain

Bear Creek Mountain is a 7.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I hiked this trail many years ago with my youngest sister. I don't even recall the year, but I do remember it was in the month of October as there was fresh snow.

I rated the hike with 5 stars because it is a pleasant, moderate hike and the view from the top is incredible!

I have basically taken pics of old pictures to show how it was like in October, though I have done this on a very clear sunny day on my own. Let me tell you that not only do get a great view of the Goat rocks, you can also see Mt. Adams and Mount Rainier quite well in the distance!

Hands down the best views of the Goatrocks for the effort! Bring a vehicle with clearance though, the last two miles get rough.

Super flat and easy for 80% with most of the elevation gain happening right at the end. The loose volcanic rock on the ascent is a frustrating, but it passes quickly. Enjoy the view but bring a jacket for the top!

I did this yesterday with my daughter who is getting ready for cross country. It's a nice trail for hiking or for trim running which we did The trail was in great condition with only one dead fall and that could easily be stepped over. Essentially all the snow is off the trail but there still plenty of running water for dogs along the trail. Still had plenty of wildflowers in the Meadows but I'm assuming they Will be gone quickly. The road is a little bumpy the last 2 miles but much better since they filled it in with rock much better than the deep ruts it used to be. First half-mile is a little uphill and then somewhat flat and rolling for the next 2 miles then the last mile is a steep 800 foot ascent over some scree and rock. Bugs were not a problem especially while moving. Great views from the summit as always

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Great trail. The view from the top is like nothing I've seen before!

Sunday, August 14, 2016

best hike I've done so far this summer. pretty easy-going three-quarters of the way until you start your climb to the top. once you get to the top it will all be worth it with the views that await you. can't wait to do it again.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Beautiful hike with a fabulous view at the top. Some snow around on July 23.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Trail seamed washed out in most places and the overgrowth was dreadful! But still pretty when you stopped to look around.

Friday, September 11, 2015

We hiked on a warm September afternoon and couldn't have asked for better. Subalpine meadows and forests for the first 2.5 miles after Section 3 Lake, then an 800ft thigh-burner for the last mile up to the summit of Bear Creek Mountain. Great views east all the way up, and wonderful views of Adams, Goat Rocks and Rainier at the top.

I imagine in late Spring, this area would be mind-blowing with a little more snow on the ridges and wildflowers in the meadows. We look forward to returning in June/July next year.

The road to the trailhead is a little rough, but easily doable for anything besides a sports car. 4wd would only be necessary in snowy or very muddy conditions.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This trail wasn't what I remember it being 5 or 10 years ago. Over growth along the trail has become a small problem. My friend and I did this trail with our kids on our back, so the tree limbs sticking so far out was scary for a six month old. Lol but we had fun. Beautiful canyon walls all along the trail.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

This is a favorite of ours. Yes a little difficult to get to trailhead , 4wd is best to have. Perfect amount of flat and elevation gain. Best part of work out is last 800ft or so, straight up but what a reward at the end! It's rated Easy, be careful though, it's not a "stroll in the park".

Sunday, June 28, 2015

This hike is a little more difficult to get to. You have to drive up pretty rough gravel roads. At the beginning of the hike the meadows and wildflowers are beautiful. Towards the end, it gets pretty steep with loose dirt paths. The views are amazing towards the end!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nice hike, great weather

Monday, September 05, 2011

An absolute favorite. The meadows are beautiful with minimal elevation gain until well into the hike. If you like exposure, this is the hike to take. Views at the top are stunning with both Mt Rainier and Adams in view. Buggy at the top but turned out to be lady bugs with a few flies et al.