Bead Lake Trail

Bead Lake Trail is a 10.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Newport, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.4 miles Elevation Gain: 1,653 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paddle sports

Users have reported that during winter a gate to the trailhead is closed, adding .2 miles one-way to the hike.

GPS took me to location past trail head. Asked a local. There are two roads marked Bead Lake. The dirt one takes you up hill to a parking lot you will not have to pay. The paved one takes you to the $5 parking lot. If you park up above it is a short downhill to lower parking lot and then you will find official trail head. Beautiful lake but no easy access to lake. Trail stays above lake and very tree covered most of way. Steep incline on both sides of trail most of way. One nice open picnic area half way with nice tree benches to sit on. Saw 7 hikers on a Monday. Very peaceful trail.

beautiful hike, easy enough for a 9 year old. very shaded.

My daughter and I did the hike on 7/7/2019. The majority is along Bead Lake with many inclines and descents. A few sections are narrow and rocky but in my opinion not treacherous. Beautiful views of the lake and many forested shaded sections. The trail leaves the lake at the end and heads up a creek.

Steep edge with louse gravel in some spots and narrow also. One screwup and your over the edge. but over all good ride

Went with my dad and uncle, did the 20 mile loop at 2500 elevation. Loved the trail from the rocky ledges to the quiet forests of cedar and tricky switch backs.

Awesome trail, we hiked 8 miles roundtrip, beautiful lake views, easy trail with lots of shade.

Great views on this trail around the lake. Quiet and well shaded in most areas. Dispersed camp sites available also.

Fun easy trail couple inclines but nothing I wouldn’t take my 7-10 year old on.

Trails are very well maintained. From the road, the start of the trail looks like a fox hole just to the left of the sign. The farther you go in, the more water there is available. No need to pack extra water if you have purification with you. The creek water is super cold and tastes great. After the last campsite about four miles in, you can cross the creek to the left and head down the Bead Lake Spur Trail, but it's not worth it. That section is overgrown and has a lot of bugs. From that last campsite we kept going straight up the Bead Lake Trail. It keeps going up and up, but the trail is still very nice. The designated campsites are nice, but they are all right on the trail. For more privacy, there are plenty of good places to camp along the way if you look. Great for an overnight hike.

Just went a short ways down this trail. Was beautiful so far, definitely will go back.

My favorite trail.

They really maintain this trail well. It might not be the most beautiful or interesting hike around here, but I give it five stars for easy access and great maintenance. There are plenty of opportunities to access the lake and camping sites as well. *I did get my first tick of the season out there today 4/17, so be checking for them. My dog did some running through the brush but fortunately didn't have any.*

I've done this trail quite a few times now. Did it 15 Feb, last week, on snowshoes, and it was great. Snow was perfect for the outbound, but after three people trecked 5 miles out, it was probably better conditions for yaak tracks or something similar in the return. A friend took a split board and skied out and back. Probably perfect for cross-country skis now unless they get some more snow. Love this trail summer, fall and winter!

Good hiking

Gate to the trailhead is closed, only adds about .2 miles each way though, packed down trail till about 3.5 miles in, snowshoes needed after that. Typical lakeside hike.

Great trail! Fantastic views and well maintained. Bead Lake is beautiful.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Fantastic views! Lots of neat coves and hidden campsites ;) Great mix of difficulty!

Monday, August 13, 2018

For us this was just okay. There are a few camps close to the trailhead, each with 20 piles of toilet paper and beer cans in the fire rings. The extreme numbers of yellow jackets were also a problem, you couldn't stop for more than a minute without being swarmed. Would be a fun snow shoe I bet.

Saturday, July 28, 2018

My family has camped at and hiked Bead Lake multiple times.. all our kids and dogs LOVE it!! So beautiful and so fun!!

Monday, July 23, 2018

Beautiful hike along the lake!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Beautiful and well maintained trail. It’s pretty easy but wouldn’t recommend it for children under 4 or 5 years old. A lot of the trail is along the side of a hill with a steep drop off. My toddler was on my back nearly the entire time because of this.

Friday, May 04, 2018

Hard to rate. Beautiful trail to walk and camp along lake but infested with ticks! They were dropping on us like rain. I wore a slick black hat and didn't have to much a problem. My partner wore a brown knit hat and I picked about four off her head that weekend. We had fun. Not sure I want to go back. Too bad. It was beautiful and pretty easy scenic hiking trip. Easy access, nicely maintained trail. A few nice spots to pick to tent. The earlier sites are better than the latter sites. Pick one before you are half way through the trail. It gets denser and harder to camp at lake. Went in May, 2018. Maybe it was just a bad year.

Friday, April 27, 2018

My husband and I mountain biked this trail for the first time. We loved it! The roads are still gated but we parked by the gate and rode to the trail head. We are actually glad we did this because you have to pay for a different pass to park here! How many passes do we have to buy?! Anyway, the trail was great! It starts off wide and narrows down to a single track the entire way. There is definitely some incline but it was totally worth it to ride back down. Nice views the whole way, some campsites with creeks running through. It is a beautiful area, we will be back!

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

I have a cabin at this lake and frequently hike this trail. I always enjoy it, any season. There are beautiful views of the lake, campgrounds to rest at along the way. One caveat—if you go more than a mile or so along the trail, it is not easy. I’d grade it moderate. There’s elevation and lots of uneven and narrow trail. I recommend hiking boots and, for people with knee problems, poles for moderately steep descents.

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Great trail that I recommend to all hikers. Bead lake is one of my favorite lakes.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

2 miles or so of the trail was packed down and it was real beautiful. The rest of the trail would have been a bit harder with the deep snow. Nice to get out in the woods this time of year.