Beacon Hill Trail

Beacon Hill Trail is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good view of the city at the top, but the hike is mediocre at best. Lots of bikes...

Great for a rider

This trail is more for bikers and not hikers. A lot of mountain bike traffic to dodge. Scenery is of the city. This is not a trail I would recommend.

home town favorite spot!!

There are many trails with much less of a climb than the Minnehaha Loop, if you are a Spokane mountainbiker then I recommend this place...there is a little skills park and trails from XC to tech...very fun lots of jumps too.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Enjoyed my time here as usual. Had to dodge a few more bikers than previous visits, but I always just step aside so they don't have to screech to a halt coming downhill. I can never do short hikes here. There are just too many trails to explore, and turning back is usually a matter of not having enough daylight hours. Came pretty close to running out of light this time, arriving back at the car after 9:00 p.m.! There isn't a designated loop. Just wander down whichever route suits your mood. Beacon Hill is not far at all from the Minnehaha side and makes a nice short destination for a view around the communication towers. Or many miles of trails continue eastward, winding every which way.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

I enjoy taking my dog on this trail. We go a couple of times a week!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Good running terrain, has a very urban feel.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Love this hike. The amount of litter is sad, but the views are gorgeous. Very popular for biking.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

It's a nice park to walk around in, maybe have a picnic, and get a fun view of the entire city. Albeit, it can get a little boring and it doesn't really take you into nature too much. With the view, you still seem really close to the city so it doesn't hit the adventure button too much. However, there are many different trails to follow, and I didn't get down into the trees, which it looks like there are some trails that go down into some. All in all, it's definitely a place to hit up and check out at least once. I'll definitely be going back there again if I want to walk leisurely around a park close to home. It looks like a great place for some easy mountain biking, though. Mountain being used loosely. And for the love of Mother Nature... PLEASE pack out what you pack in!! I was saddened to see so much litter:(

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

This is a very middle of the forest trail, very little shrubbery, just pine trees, and in general kind of boring. Only recommend if you have hiked all other trails in Spokane. It's a dirt path. I recommend going off the path occasionally to get a good view.

Monday, April 17, 2017

never seen so trash on a trail

Monday, April 03, 2017

I'm sorry, but this is the most disgusting hike I've ever taken. Garbage everywhere, come on spokane , have some pride in our city. I will not be coming here again. I took my pup and had to carry her a bunch because there was broken glass all over the place. I guess that's Hillyard area for you.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

amazing views

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I did a trail run here and I'd agree that it's more of a mountain biking trail. We encountered so much mountain bike traffic that it became difficult to enjoy the run, due to having to get out of the way for them. Nothing against mountain biking, because I enjoy that activity as well, but this trail shouldn't be considered multi-use on some of the trail sections. However, there are so many trails on Beacon Hill, if you could determine which trails had less bike traffic, it's beautiful terrain and gorgeous views.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

at first walking down one of the trails I was ready to write a really nice review and then I started seeing some garbage and stuff and I was like okay well still pretty nice and i walked around it for a while and tried to give it more of a chance but then I just see more and more garbage. it really let me down. if you go farther then even like half a mile you see a lot of garbage and it makes it really gross and there are some pretty disturbing stuff like dolls that were just messed up beer bottles and other glasses broken and things really disappointing I would not recommend it to anyone.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Best views at night of the skyline.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

As previously mentioned, this is definitely geared for mountain bikers. I encountered mostly bikers in the time I was out there. I found certain parts to be extremely steep, both up and down, based on the route it shows.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Great trail moderate difficulty significant shade. However close to town and noisy.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

This place is definitely geared more towards bikers because the paths are paved with bike wheels. But hiking is great too! I found it a little boring compared to some other trails but it's still a decent one.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Lots of trails and entry points. Views were great . A few hardcore mt bikers. Even saw some turkeys on the way down. People were friendly.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lots of great views. Many trails and different routes keeps it new. Usually start on the west end and do the climbing first. The area is huge and it seems to never get old.

Friday, November 16, 2012

I highly enjoyed hiking these trails. It's different than other trails in the Spokane area because you pick a trail and go. Then sometime later you try and figure out which trail will lead you to your starting place. Great views from the beacon hill sight especially at night!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nice easy trail with lots of sun.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Not the best place for hiking. Some crowds and teenage kids, if you're looking for a good hike in Spokane, I wouldn't recommend this. Its a nice park to take your dog to though.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Best place ever for mtb huge terrain courses and down hill on the back side

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

There are tons of trails on Beacon! My favorite is starting at Esmerelda Golf course and riding to the beacons on top. We ride down the single track back to where we started. I ride this a lot with my husband who's a very experienced rider and with one of my girlfriends who's a new rider. We all enjoy ourselves up there so it's great for all skill levels!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Beacon Hill has so many different trails to ride its best to take someone up with you who knows their way around. If you are into just riding trails or flying through the down hill section through the race course the hill is perfect for you. We usually start at Esmerelda golf course section and ride to the top. From top the view is awesome you can see just about all of Spokane and Spokane Valley. From there we head down to the Beacon Hill Bombers course. Its a pretty intense course we don't follow the whole thing but just some of the easier parts. The parks dept and avista own the land and a local mountain bike club works on the race course and terrain park. They do an awesome job and are working to expand the park. Check out their website fttrc.org