Beacon Hill Trail

Beacon Hill Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Enjoyed my time here as usual. Had to dodge a few more bikers than previous visits, but I always just step aside so they don't have to screech to a halt coming downhill. I can never do short hikes here. There are just too many trails to explore, and turning back is usually a matter of not having enough daylight hours. Came pretty close to running out of light this time, arriving back at the car after 9:00 p.m.! There isn't a designated loop. Just wander down whichever route suits your mood. Beacon Hill is not far at all from the Minnehaha side and makes a nice short destination for a view around the communication towers. Or many miles of trails continue eastward, winding every which way.

I enjoy taking my dog on this trail. We go a couple of times a week!

Good running terrain, has a very urban feel.

Love this hike. The amount of litter is sad, but the views are gorgeous. Very popular for biking.

It's a nice park to walk around in, maybe have a picnic, and get a fun view of the entire city. Albeit, it can get a little boring and it doesn't really take you into nature too much. With the view, you still seem really close to the city so it doesn't hit the adventure button too much. However, there are many different trails to follow, and I didn't get down into the trees, which it looks like there are some trails that go down into some. All in all, it's definitely a place to hit up and check out at least once. I'll definitely be going back there again if I want to walk leisurely around a park close to home. It looks like a great place for some easy mountain biking, though. Mountain being used loosely. And for the love of Mother Nature... PLEASE pack out what you pack in!! I was saddened to see so much litter:(

This is a very middle of the forest trail, very little shrubbery, just pine trees, and in general kind of boring. Only recommend if you have hiked all other trails in Spokane. It's a dirt path. I recommend going off the path occasionally to get a good view.

never seen so trash on a trail

I'm sorry, but this is the most disgusting hike I've ever taken. Garbage everywhere, come on spokane , have some pride in our city. I will not be coming here again. I took my pup and had to carry her a bunch because there was broken glass all over the place. I guess that's Hillyard area for you.

amazing views

I did a trail run here and I'd agree that it's more of a mountain biking trail. We encountered so much mountain bike traffic that it became difficult to enjoy the run, due to having to get out of the way for them. Nothing against mountain biking, because I enjoy that activity as well, but this trail shouldn't be considered multi-use on some of the trail sections. However, there are so many trails on Beacon Hill, if you could determine which trails had less bike traffic, it's beautiful terrain and gorgeous views.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

at first walking down one of the trails I was ready to write a really nice review and then I started seeing some garbage and stuff and I was like okay well still pretty nice and i walked around it for a while and tried to give it more of a chance but then I just see more and more garbage. it really let me down. if you go farther then even like half a mile you see a lot of garbage and it makes it really gross and there are some pretty disturbing stuff like dolls that were just messed up beer bottles and other glasses broken and things really disappointing I would not recommend it to anyone.