Beacon Hill Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(138)
Minnehaha Park

Beacon Hill Trail is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 557 feet Route Type: Loop

The route shown here traverses several trails including the Esmeralda, Pop Rocks, Master Blaster, and Scared Cat Trails. There are many other trails in this area if you wish to extend your trip. Although open to hikers and trail runners, this area is heavily used by mountain bikers.

Nice trail for what it is... in-town with views of the city and the small general aviation airport (Felts Field). Watch for bikers.

your app shows the main entrance to the trailhead right in front of my residential house which there is no parking please fix this problem or there may be a lawsuit pending

Lots of “camps” along our trail. And many leftover campfires. It was beautiful anyway but I would t hike here after dark.

It’s what it is - a big open area looming over metropolitan Spokane. Top notch views, especially of Hillyard where my grandparents raised their children and loved their grandkids.

Pretty nice trail! We had a fairly easy time staying on the route, found two geocaches on the trail too! Fun for all

A nice series of trails that give you a great view of Spokane and surrounding areas. All uphill to start, then down on the way back. lots of little trails cutting away, but if you just refer to the map, it's easy to see where to go. despite the quarantine, there were an array of bikers, hikers, and dogs. also not muddy, mostly dry.

This was a fun one. But don’t park where it says the trail starts. Park by the golf course and bike park. Whoever made this trail started it on a ghetto street. I don’t recommend leaving a nice ride. The trail itself is nice, clean and safe. Watch for mtn bikes. I recommend.

Nice vigorous hike, heading up....only encountered a few bicyclists, otherwise pretty peaceful. Trails are unmarked so just pick one heading up, and you'll find the towers...great views, and only minutes from home.

whew! that was tough.

Google maps took me to a trail head at the end of a dead end street in a residential area. i chose to park at Esmeralda golf course where the bike trail begins. this is really a bike trail and none of it is marked. goog exercise and great views.

So beautiful! Gave a beautiful view of the city the whole way up and the view at the top was the best. Only saw 2 other people the whole hike. Rated moderate for uphill, not very many steep parts but majority of the hike was uphill.

wow! beautiful and fun. hardly anyone was there. when you get to the top you can see the a wonderful view of the city. we even saw deer. highly recomended.

Sun May 26 2019

Absolutely gorgeous! Nobody else on the trail- very pretty with flowers blooming along the entire trail. Amazing views of all areas of Spokane! Got winded going up the right track of the hill but glad we went up that way because there were some mosquitos in the brushy area coming down. Great hike if you have other things going on in your day & just want to get out & about for a short bit.

recorded Beacon Hill Trail

Sat May 18 2019

Sat Apr 27 2019

Definitely a series of trails for mountain bikers. Everyone was really cautious of corners, though, and my dog and I gave all bikes the right-of-way. Not a lot of cover on a hot day... or in my case, a nice cool day that decides to violently hail when I’m three miles...

Thu Apr 04 2019

It was fun hiking at beacon hills. Good exercise. Fun for bikers too :)

Sat Aug 04 2018

Good view of the city at the top, but the hike is mediocre at best. Lots of bikes...

Sat Jul 28 2018

Great for a rider

Sun Apr 15 2018

This trail is more for bikers and not hikers. A lot of mountain bike traffic to dodge. Scenery is of the city. This is not a trail I would recommend.

Sun Apr 15 2018

home town favorite spot!!

Mon Oct 23 2017

There are many trails with much less of a climb than the Minnehaha Loop, if you are a Spokane mountainbiker then I recommend this place...there is a little skills park and trails from XC to tech...very fun lots of jumps too.

Fri Jul 21 2017

Enjoyed my time here as usual. Had to dodge a few more bikers than previous visits, but I always just step aside so they don't have to screech to a halt coming downhill. I can never do short hikes here. There are just too many trails to explore, and turning back is usually a matter of not having enough daylight hours. Came pretty close to running out of light this time, arriving back at the car after 9:00 p.m.! There isn't a designated loop. Just wander down whichever route suits your mood. Beacon Hill is not far at all from the Minnehaha side and makes a nice short destination for a view around the communication towers. Or many miles of trails continue eastward, winding every which way.

Sat Jul 15 2017

I enjoy taking my dog on this trail. We go a couple of times a week!

Tue Jun 13 2017

Good running terrain, has a very urban feel.

Tue Jun 06 2017

Love this hike. The amount of litter is sad, but the views are gorgeous. Very popular for biking.

Wed May 10 2017

It's a nice park to walk around in, maybe have a picnic, and get a fun view of the entire city. Albeit, it can get a little boring and it doesn't really take you into nature too much. With the view, you still seem really close to the city so it doesn't hit the adventure button too much. However, there are many different trails to follow, and I didn't get down into the trees, which it looks like there are some trails that go down into some. All in all, it's definitely a place to hit up and check out at least once. I'll definitely be going back there again if I want to walk leisurely around a park close to home. It looks like a great place for some easy mountain biking, though. Mountain being used loosely. And for the love of Mother Nature... PLEASE pack out what you pack in!! I was saddened to see so much litter:(

Tue Apr 18 2017

This is a very middle of the forest trail, very little shrubbery, just pine trees, and in general kind of boring. Only recommend if you have hiked all other trails in Spokane. It's a dirt path. I recommend going off the path occasionally to get a good view.

Mon Apr 17 2017

never seen so trash on a trail

Mon Apr 03 2017

I'm sorry, but this is the most disgusting hike I've ever taken. Garbage everywhere, come on spokane , have some pride in our city. I will not be coming here again. I took my pup and had to carry her a bunch because there was broken glass all over the place. I guess that's Hillyard area for you.

Tue Jan 24 2017