Barnes Creek Trail

Barnes Creek Trail is a 18.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Port Angeles, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Directions from Port Angeles: Drive 20 miles west on Highway 101 to the Storm King Information Center. Follow the nature trail southward along Barnes Creek, under the highway, to a fork. Follow the Storm King Trail left at this split.

We had planned to only do the short hike to Marymere Falls as it was raining, but it cleared up and we hiked the Barnes Creek trail a ways which as a hidden gem. We really enjoyed this hike (passed 1 person).

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Saturday, March 22, 2014

We enjoyed the this trail. Quite a few blowdowns and some places along the trail were pretty narrow and with all the rain recently it was obvious some of the trail was washed away. If you have fear of heights these places could be a little challenging....mountain slope on one side and pretty steep inclined slope down to the creek..
Otherwise it's a good hike.

Friday, April 26, 2013

I can't say this was my favorite trail but it did kick off my 43 days in the Olympics as I left Lake Crescent. It was much steeper and felt longer than I had anticipated.