Barclay Lake Trail

Barclay Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Everett, E on US 2 to mile marker 41. Left (just past marker) on FSR 6024 4.6 miles to trailhead at end of road.

Nice short hike very little elevation gain

Good, easy hike the lake is beautiful. Lots of traffic and sometimes hard to find parking.

Super easy trail. Easy hike for all ages. Plenty of campsites. Looks like the fishing was good also. Watched a couple guys fish for awhile. My only complaint is the campsites are right off the trail. So not very private on highly trafficked days.

Great easy hike for the distance. Get there early to avoid heavy foot traffic. We arrived at 8:30am and didn't pass many people until we were walking back. The road up is not very wide with steep drop offs so I would say avoid if this scares you, especially passing cars on the way down. Other than that the views and scenery make this hike worth it.

Great family hike. parking is crowded but it's worth it. the lake is beautiful

Took a day hike with two coworkers and 3 dogs. This is the second time I have done this hike and have yet to see it fully clear with the mountains but beautiful lake.
Good for all skill levels. The bridge would be the biggest concern I see with taking kids but doable. Trail was well cleared and dry. you go over two small streams. I would love to come here in the summer for a day or even an overnight visit.

nice place. road going up was a bit bumpy, but I've been on worse and this was definitely worth it.

I wish I could rate things in categories because there were things about this hike that were awesome and things about it that weren't so cool. Definitely take time to read this entire thing. Might be worth your time.

The road accessing the trail head is a gravel road that goes up several miles. There is only room for one car, so please, slow down around those corners so you don't almost take someone out. Also, prepare yourselves for potholes. I drive a 4x4 jeep so I had no problem getting up but people who drive smaller, compact, or lowered vehicles my have a hard time.

I started my hike around 11am and there were a couple of spots in the parking lot open, but I had just gotten there as a few early birds were leaving. Many people opted for parking along the side of the road, which was fine---- but please remember to park as far over as possible so other drivers can get around you. There were a couple of people who did not pay attention that made it very difficult to leave.

As stated in a few reviews prior, the trail is well maintained but know that with all the rain this time of year, the trail is wet and muddy. There were only 3 areas where the mud was unavoidable but the rest of the time, as long as you're paying attention to your surroundings, you can get around it without too much trouble.

Because this trail is very kid friendly, there were a lot of children running and screaming. I tried to distance myself from them as much as possible so I could enjoy the quiet and relax with nature, but if you don't want to be disturbed, I would either get there very early, or avoid this hike all together.

As for the hike itself, easy is the right word for it. No switchbacks, no major elevation gain. For those experienced hikers, this may be closer to a walk in a very wooded park, but I have to say, even with it being an easy hike, the view at the end is very worth it. Especially on a partly cloudy, or sunny day.

Road to trailhead in good condition and passable for all vehicles, we did it on rented chevy cruze - easy. We arrived late, around 2 pm and it was 5 or 6 cars at trailhead. I can say that trail itself in good condition but most of the time it wet and dirty, so buts is a must. We reached the lake within 40-50 mins from trailhead and spend same time at lake by taking photos and taking small lunch. Lake was amazing! Rain and fog add some mysterious atmosphere.

Went last weekend and loved it! The trailhead is a ways down a forest road, so be prepared for a bumpy ride. You can't park at the trailhead yet due to snow, so that adds 40ish mins to the hike, but the hike itself is short and easy. Snow at the lake, but no need for special equipment. Saw a few avalanches across the lake whoa!

I'm not a seasoned hiker yet, but I would consider this trail great for beginners! My family and I went on a cooler day during the summer and it was perfect. The trail is crisply cut and I was able to find my way through with ease. There are a few hilly spots, but nothing that my little sister (11 at the time) and I couldn't do! The trail leads on up to the lake and it's absolutely gorgeous and nice to sit and rest for the moment. I would do this trail over again!

Never been anywhere near here before. Camped along the Skykomish, didn't even know this place existed. About 5 miles off the highway, great day hike. Pretty easy footing and well taken care of, great trail for all ages. Peaceful, quiet, serene this is a fantastic little add to our camp out. Side note, there are two checkin points. First one is for campers, the second is actually for the trail walkers. For the avid fisherman, there are some fish in the lake.