Barclay Lake Trail

Barclay Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

A Recreation Pass required for this trail.

This is a lovely & easy hike. I got caught in the rain for most of the hike & that just made it all the better. Very low traffic so the woods are yours to enjoy. The lake is beautiful-when I was there, there was a light layer of fog across the top.

This was our second time hiking Barclay Lake, it really is wonderful little hike. The trail had some snow and slush but nothing a sturdy pair of running shoes couldn't handle. Potholes in the FS road were no big deal as long as you pay attention.

Snow has melted enough to get to the trailhead and through to Barclay Lake. Service road has dozens of potholes so do use caution if driving a lower vehicle. Trail was clear and takes you alongside the river, crossing a small bridge and then to the Lake. Stunning view straight up from the base of the mountains. The lake was still mostly covered by snow and ice, but it’s a tranquil spot. We even heard some of the snow pack cracking and falling down from the mountainside. Great hike for solitude and exploration.

Went here specifically for the snow and there was lots way before the trail head!! We didn't even make it to the trail head due to high levels of snow and fallen tree a mile from the trail head. But we got out and played in the snow for a little bit after getting unstuck and turning around. Hopefully it's better in a couple weeks :)

Easy hike through old forest on the well maintained trail. Gorgeous view of the lake and mountains. On the weekends it might be too busy and no parking right at the start of the trail. Cheers!

Easy,great view of the mountain at the end of the road

Really enjoyable little trip through the woods. Service road up is in pretty good shape and the trail itself is a little muddy, a little slushy and a little crunchy.
Was hoping that the clouds would clear out so I could see Barring better, but I guess I’ll just have to go back.
There was a downed campsite at the far end of the trail that threw me off especially because I was by myself. Looks like it could have been collapsed under snow for a day or so. Strange because there were two cars in the parking lot but I saw no one the entire way up.Reported it to the ranger station when I got down.
Other than that, really nice easy trail with manageable snow.

Great hike. There was some snow on the last part of the road. The trail had some snow and ice - the bridge was particularly slippery!

Easy stroll with beautiful mountain views. The road up was fine today. There was about a 1/2 mile of snow/ice on the road. The trail is a mix of dry dirt, snow and ice. Micro Spikes were helpful but not an absolute necessity if you don't have them. Small lake, MT Baring is the center piece.

Mushroom hunting. Spectacular view of Mt. Baring.

The trail was easy some ups and down mount baring was amazing with snow some awesome avalanches the lake was pretty.

Nice hike with great old growth forest. Trail well maintained, surprised how many peeps were up there on a cold November morning. Easy hike, even for kids

well established trail, fun rain or shine

The area around the lake has a lot to offer. Only downside is people need to stop feeding the animals. I've never seen chipmunk's and mice approach people and their food as they are eating it. They were persistently trying to get our food whenever we brought it down from the bear bag.

Love this trip! Quick weekend getaway for backpacking.
Last time we went, there were squirrel suit jumpers that landed right by our tent, so cool!!

It was very Fun.

Great hike for kids mostly flat big hills and the lake is pretty awesome at the end. I would do this hike on a Sunday because traffic leaving there is horrendous during the summer.

nice easy hike,

Super easy hike, not much of an incline at all. Lots of sandy beaches at the lake and room to camp. Not a lot of parking at trailhead. Great for kids!

I did this hike for the first time Saturday after my sister (an avid hiker) recommended it as a good hike to take my daughter on. She is 3 1/2 and did the whole hike herself! It's perfect for kids. We found many campers along the stunning lake as well. Easy hike with gorgeous scenery as you walk along a well maintained trail following the river. End at the lake where you can relax for a bit, and even swim or fish before heading black to your car. It was pretty packed and parking was a slight issue but otherwise a great hike.

Great family hike. Trail is pretty rocky and filled with roots, but my kids (9 and 5) were able to manage just fine. Just pay attention where you step, so you don't land funny on your ankle. Lots of places at the end to have a quiet lunch. We arrived at 10:15 on Thursday and there was about 6 cars in the lot. The forest service road is long and with some blind corners/areas not wide enough for 2 cars, you're best to go slow.

nice hike with beautiful views at the lake

Great family friendly hike. On a Saturday there where quite a few cars parked lining the road to the trail head. It was surprisingly not all that crowded! If you go all the way to the far end of the lake you can even find a spot alone waterside.

Easy. Epic. Have pass ready, the rangers make their pay checks on this one. Crowded.. but still badass.

Nice short hike very little elevation gain

Good, easy hike the lake is beautiful. Lots of traffic and sometimes hard to find parking.

Super easy trail. Easy hike for all ages. Plenty of campsites. Looks like the fishing was good also. Watched a couple guys fish for awhile. My only complaint is the campsites are right off the trail. So not very private on highly trafficked days.

Great easy hike for the distance. Get there early to avoid heavy foot traffic. We arrived at 8:30am and didn't pass many people until we were walking back. The road up is not very wide with steep drop offs so I would say avoid if this scares you, especially passing cars on the way down. Other than that the views and scenery make this hike worth it.

Great family hike. parking is crowded but it's worth it. the lake is beautiful

Took a day hike with two coworkers and 3 dogs. This is the second time I have done this hike and have yet to see it fully clear with the mountains but beautiful lake.
Good for all skill levels. The bridge would be the biggest concern I see with taking kids but doable. Trail was well cleared and dry. you go over two small streams. I would love to come here in the summer for a day or even an overnight visit.