Barclay Lake Trail

Barclay Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Everett, E on US 2 to mile marker 41. Left (just past marker) on FSR 6024 4.6 miles to trailhead at end of road.

Never been anywhere near here before. Camped along the Skykomish, didn't even know this place existed. About 5 miles off the highway, great day hike. Pretty easy footing and well taken care of, great trail for all ages. Peaceful, quiet, serene this is a fantastic little add to our camp out. Side note, there are two checkin points. First one is for campers, the second is actually for the trail walkers. For the avid fisherman, there are some fish in the lake.

Always beautiful. Great beginner trail for all ages.

Great trail for dogs and young kids. Easy hike with little elevation gain. Most of the trail is along a nice river. Barclay lake is beautiful. Made the hike in late November and the trail was still in good condition.

This was a perfect hike for beginners. Gradual incline, beautiful scenery, lovely stream that you follow to a majestic lake. We saw less than a dozen people on the trail, but we were there around noon on a Friday in November. It is probably more popular in the summer and weekends. The only thing to note is that you drive 4 miles up an unpaved road, our crossover had no problems (few pot holes). Also parking requires a NW Forest Pass or $5, Discover Pass NOT valid.

Great hike for beginners. My husband and I and our 2 Chihuahuas are newbies and finished in about 3.5 hours out and back with hanging out at the lake for about 30 minutes. Beautiful view of the mountains and the elevation climbs and flat areas even out and give you plenty of time to catch your breath. Amazing first hike!

There's a $5 fee for the hike. After the turn of from Hwy 2 there's a 4 miles well maintained with very few potholes to the trailhead. I didn't hike it because I think walking in the forest should be free. That's why we have taxes. I swear if someone could figure out how to charge for the air we breath, they would. I guess I've been lucky because so far I haven't had to pay. All trails needs to add that to their filter.

7/2/2016 (Saturday) - The trail condition is very good, downed trees have all been cleared, muds are almost dried. Not too many cars this morning. The gravel road to the trailhead is also mostly in good condition without large or deep potholes. The view of Baring Mountain is fascinating if the weather is fine. If it's cloudy, the lake is still enjoyable. There are many campers, many kids, so late comers may not easily find a place near the waterfront. The bridge across the creek is photogenic.

Easy and beautiful