Barclay Lake Trail

Barclay Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

A Recreation Pass required for this trail.

well established trail, fun rain or shine

The area around the lake has a lot to offer. Only downside is people need to stop feeding the animals. I've never seen chipmunk's and mice approach people and their food as they are eating it. They were persistently trying to get our food whenever we brought it down from the bear bag.

Love this trip! Quick weekend getaway for backpacking.
Last time we went, there were squirrel suit jumpers that landed right by our tent, so cool!!

It was very Fun.

Great hike for kids mostly flat big hills and the lake is pretty awesome at the end. I would do this hike on a Sunday because traffic leaving there is horrendous during the summer.

nice easy hike,

Super easy hike, not much of an incline at all. Lots of sandy beaches at the lake and room to camp. Not a lot of parking at trailhead. Great for kids!

I did this hike for the first time Saturday after my sister (an avid hiker) recommended it as a good hike to take my daughter on. She is 3 1/2 and did the whole hike herself! It's perfect for kids. We found many campers along the stunning lake as well. Easy hike with gorgeous scenery as you walk along a well maintained trail following the river. End at the lake where you can relax for a bit, and even swim or fish before heading black to your car. It was pretty packed and parking was a slight issue but otherwise a great hike.

Great family hike. Trail is pretty rocky and filled with roots, but my kids (9 and 5) were able to manage just fine. Just pay attention where you step, so you don't land funny on your ankle. Lots of places at the end to have a quiet lunch. We arrived at 10:15 on Thursday and there was about 6 cars in the lot. The forest service road is long and with some blind corners/areas not wide enough for 2 cars, you're best to go slow.