Banner Forest Heritage Park Loop

Banner Forest Heritage Park Loop is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Port Orchard, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Banner Forest Hiking and Equestrian Park is a beautiful 635-acre public open space in the Olalla area. The forest, which includes trees, ponds and wetlands, was acquired by Kitsap County in October 2000 after ten years of community effort to preserve this resource in its present state for all citizens in perpetuity. The trails are primarily used for hiking, equestrian riding, and mountain biking.

Great easy trail. Well maintained, not crowded. Lots of mini-diversion options.

Easy trails to ride for my first time mountain biker (8 yrs old). Agree with others, definitely download the map. We had to rely on our gps to get us back to the trail head.

most fun me and my cousin ever had mountain biking it was a blast and I can't wait to go back

Definitely download the map and track it... otherwise you will be in there for longer than the 1 hour loop. However it was an easy hike. Lots of mud and huge puddles, but we made our way off the path to go around all that when we got there. It was a nice first of the season hike! We would do it again!

easy trail. slight hills and with my bad knees it was fine
well groomed. next time I'm thinking of a bike. the trail was too long for me to do the whole thing. great trail though.

Nice trail for families and for those of us not in great shape. Trails not well marked and we got disoriented for about an hour. Wish there were maps for the inside trails.

nice flat trail, good for a family

great if you stay on the main access only. I wouldn't try the other trails without GPS , some places you just go in big circles

great trail, as long as you stay on the main wide path, and turn around at the two mile marker or the end of the wide path. don't try to follow the trail on GPS.

Fun hike, definitely go before it gets dark, though

Beautiful park with lots of windy trails inside the Loop. One thing we found that is if you go off the loop without a compass or good since of direction, you will get twisted around a lot. I was raised in the woods and found myself confused at times as the unmarked trails twisted and switchbacked throughout the interior of the park. This made it very baffling and left us feeling like we just needed to press on. It would be nice if the trails were marked at least for exits. But great for a Hide-n-seek game.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

was a good hike! it's not a clear loop so I would recommend turning around at the two mile mark..

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

loved this forest, lots of trails and not too hard at least the main trail. definitely could get lost in here if you take the smaller trails. also wouldn't feel safe walking alone. but it was stroller friendly which was a plus!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

I will definitely go hike here again. It's a very easy trail with endless possibilities for distance, and perfect for smaller children. I highly recommenced GPS'ing your route though. The map at the trailhead is very inaccurate and trails are not marked well.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lots of fun little trails to explore if you get off the main road! Easy terrain and mostly well cleared out.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The main trail is not a loop, like the map makes it seem; i ended up having to walk an extra like along a road to get back to my car.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Beautiful place, lots of nice spots to sit and enjoy the scenery.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Good exercise, pretty easy terrain. I'm a photog so this trail didn't really offer me much to take pictures of.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Great trail, well kept up. Lots of side trails as well.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

I have been hiking and horseback riding several times at Banner, I've always had a great time. It's a great place to hike with a jogging stroller as well. plenty of room on the bigger main trails. Always enjoy going back.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Trails are great for full suspension but a little wrist jarring for rigid frames nice tight corners so get those brakes set right cause you will need them here

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Great trails for biking or walking plan to spend some time here cause trails are everywhere

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Decent place to take a short walk but nothing too exciting here

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Beautiful!!! Can't wait to come back

Thursday, September 01, 2016

good ride and nice trails some roots

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Clean trails, pretty easy to navigate. Pretty level, nothing to strenuous. Nice quick work out.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

be careful going after rain. mud can be pretty deep and thick. no lake/pond that i found any of the multiple times ive been there. hike is nice and lots of trails to explore.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

I tried this trail last Tues and it was extremely muddy! Maybe again in a few weeks....

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Biking Bust. First off, the directions took us to a private drive. So instead of taking the final turn, go a little further to the baseball field. As for the trail, it started out great. However, once you get passed the bridge the overgrowth becomes progressively worse. We thought we could tough it out but the unavoidable stinging nettle quickly changed our minds. If youre hiking, dress up. Im sure you hikers will love it. As for horses, unless youre riding a Shetland pony, you wont make it 200yrds. Im sure this trail is amazing and with a little TLC would be an awesome place to ride. If anyones interested in a Saturday cleanup, send me a message and we'll get a team to spend a day cleanin the trails up. Tootles.

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Great hiking trails. lots of dogs and bikers in late afternoon innocence days. otherwise lovely!