Baker Hot Springs

Baker Hot Springs is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Concrete, Washington that features hot springs and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 59 feet Route Type: Out & Back

hot springs

Note: As of June 2019, users have reported that this trail may be closed due to logging in the area.

recorded Baker Hot Springs

It was better than we expected! Water was very warm. There are some real hot spots, near the bubbles and near the middle of the spring. It was pretty clean. There was an abandoned sketchy looking trailblazer in the lot with notes on it. It was a little concerning at first but we think it’s been there since at least early October 2019. Not to worry. Seems like a one-off situation (it’s been broken into it). Trail is super quick and easy, didn’t take us longer than 5 minutes one way. Don’t need to bring hiking boots for this. The road is a little bumpy, but we saw sedans get up there just fine.

Unique experience for the family to get in a hot spring... and basque in the smell of sulfur. We had the trail and spring to ourself at 1030am on a Saturday but by the time we left the parking area at 1145, four more groups had shown up to the hike. The hot spring is about 15’ x 15’ wide so it might feel a little crowded with four groups arriving at once. Definitely worth the time to navigate the bumpy forest service roads if you are already in the area.

Awesome spot at the end of a beautiful (dare I use awesome again) drive.

We were up camping on the lake and decided to take the kids on an adventure. After about a half hour drive we found the hand painted sign on a rock followed about a short but steep hill to an easy little walk in the woods over roots and a few large trees to the natural hot springs.

Got there today I think a couple had partied too much they were still asleep in their car, never less it didn't bother me hiked up to the Hot Springs I had it all to myself at 8:00 a.m. sat there for an hour of relaxation and went about my way. this is a clothing optional site if you don't like it don't go there. please respect others, do not allow your dam dog in the Hot Springs

The trail itself is a short, easy walk that’s muddy in spots. I go to the hot springs often and was just there five days ago. The road isn’t closed, so I don’t know why somebody would post that. The forestry road is almost exactly 19 miles from Hwy 20 up Baker Lake Rd. There are two forks along the forestry road, keep to the right at both of them. Somebody said the water is black from the ash run off from a fire pit, which is absolutely ridiculous. There is ash alright, but it’s volcanic ash. The water is perfectly clear if you’re the first person to disturb it. The pool is lined with the black ash which feels like very fine gravel. There are two hot spots (not dangerously hot, but too hot for my taste), you can tell where they are from the bubbles that rise to the top. This hot spring is totally natural. It smells like rotten eggs (from the sulphur I imagine), and it’s small... like a big puddle in the dirt. It’s secluded and many folks soak in the nude. So if you’re too fancy for any of that, stay away so you won’t have anything to whine or complain about. If you’re not a priss, it’s an amazing place to relax, unwind, and find your center - amongst the forest on a live volcano.

The trail was closed for logging. Long drive for nothing

The trail is easy and short. I saw several varieties of wildflowers in early May, including Easter Lilies. The hot springs (sic) are a single, disappointing puddle, filled when I saw it, with black ash runoff from a fire/campsite thoughtless laid on the uphill slope. Altogether a bit squalid. I picked up an empty six pack, beer can and Heineken bottle left on the trail.

I drove out there on April 20th. the roads there werent too bad, but there were a lot of potholes filled with water. just go slowly and it wasnt bad. Pretty short walk from the parking turnabout, with a clearly marked sign for the hot springs. The water itself was just the right temperature, and with a sunny day it was really pleasant. If i had thought about it, I would've brought a chair for in the water and a book, and a few beers. I took my dog with me, and he also enjoyed the water. Overall a nice way to relax, especially if you had done some hiking already.

Monday, May 07, 2018

the water is almost black but it's nice and warm.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

SUPER short lil trip to the springs, but I loved it! The road is truly horrible, I got 2 flat tires this day, just go slow like any other forest road! The nasty big ass horse flies were super gross but it's worth dealing with em! SO hot and relaxing! Met some rad people and very much enjoyed my experience, and my dog did too! :)

Monday, July 17, 2017

This hot springs was cool if you never been to a Hot Springs, but in general it sucked. There were no signs leading up to the Hot Springs, the road was awful and had so many potholes.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

super easy but fun little critters along the way

Sunday, July 13, 2014