New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Asahel Curtis Nature Trail

Asahel Curtis Nature Trail is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near North Bend, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 239 feet Route Type: Loop

Short nature trail near Snoqualmie pass. The nature trail is a short, easy walk through one of the last remaining stands of old growth in the Snoqualmie Valley. The trail crosses Humpback Creek several times before rising gently into a grove of mature Douglas-fir, western hemlock and western red cedar. Mosses, ferns, orchids and a large variety of other wildflowers abound on the forest floor. Winter wrens can be heard from their perches among the trees and occasionally a pileated woodpecker can be spotted. This is an excellent walk for families with young children as well as for older people; however, use caution for some of the cedar boardwalk planks become slippery when wet.

Road up to the trailheads and parking lot is pretty much closed now, nothing is plowed so it's at your own risk. But the hike in to the nature trail is flat. We were using our snowshoes and poles to get some practice in which this trail is perfect for beginners. Today was an awfully rainy day, so got pretty wet but the hike was still a lot of fun plus it's so pretty with all the snow.

icy

Went here with a friend and we had a blast! I couldn’t drive into the ice compacted parking lot because I don’t have AWD or chains to drive down the road We did park next to freeway entrance tho right when you get off the exit. We had the last parking spot fortunately, hopefully you’re just as successfull There were a lot of people there with their kids and people trying snowshoeing. We didn’t have any snowshoes but the trail was already compacted down enough where we were ok using micro spikes on our boots. If you did leave the trail just a little bit you would for sure be post holing a lot if you do snowshoe there’s plenty of Powdery snow for you too tho. This was a short trail but was fun to be out in the snow.

So fun in snow! Went with my grandsons 1/19 and it was beautiful. Some downed trees to go over and under. Have to park off the freeway exit and walk the FS road to the parking lot/trailhead. It’s not too far.

After completing the hike up to Annette Lake, I saved a little gas in my tank to complete this little number. It actually felt good to continue hiking a ways more just to get some extra stretching in. The trail is fine- there's nothing to be concerned about on this trail. It barely has any elevation gain to get your heart pumping. It's a nice little nature walk through the forest where you can learn about different plants, cross over some creeks and just take a relaxing stroll. Very nicely done.

Trail is in excellent condition! A lot more people on trail than I expected until I remembered it’s Veteran’s Day! Thank you to all that serve!

Quick trail, a short little cool down from Annette Lake Trail. Nice trail for families. Wide wandering walkways, many bridges, and labels on lots of native trees and plants. Several large blow downs obstruct the path, however, so we had to jump some downed trees.

Fri Mar 31 2017

Went here like 4 days ago, there was a lot of snow, you can't see trail under snow. Kinda dangerous, but still enjoyed that.

Sun Dec 18 2016

Lovely little interpretive trail for all ability levels.

Sat Aug 13 2016

8/12/2016 (Friday) - Feel like unused and abandoned. Signs are unclear. Lots of spider webs and flying bugs. Not a pleasant feeling inside. The bridge at the entry is still impressive. Trail leading to the other side of the highway (with a picnic area there) is also unused and obsolete. Maybe this used to be an attractive place for families years ago.

Fri Nov 27 2015

This trail was a perfect walk for our two year old to complete on her own. It was a pretty trail and well maintained.

Sat May 02 2015

05/01/2015 - I worked with a trail crew from WTA today maintaining parts of the trail. Everything is in great condition. This is a perfect hike for those with mobility issues or small children. More on my hiking blog at cairnguru.com

Sun Jan 04 2015

Enjoyable short walk in the woods with some interpretive signs along the way.

Wed Aug 31 2011

Very nice, quick little walk. I took my kids (9 and 3) and both could walk the whole thing no problem. It is very well maintained and the girls loved the bridge and steps. Be sure to grab a trail guide at the beginning. My 9 year old loved playing Trail Guide reading about the local vegetation, learning about Asahel Curtis, finding out what snags are, trying to count rings and more... we were on the trail much longer then it took to walk as we were thoroughly learning everything the guide and trail had to offer!!

recorded Annette Lake Trail