Antoine Peak

Antoine Peak is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Spokane, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good all around. easy trail. lots of branching off options. easily marked trail heads. :)

Did this Oct 24 from the east side. Only ran into one other hiker. Trail well signed at the junctions. RT was 5 miles mostly easy with a few steep sections at the start and near the top. Various viewpoints along the trail were just as good as summit which has radio towers present. Overall nice hike fairly close to town.

Alright trial. Not much to explore. It's mainly a dirt road. There's a water spicket at the parking lot which its nice and portable toilets.

I did this for the West for a after work hike I thought it was pretty nice no other people on the trail. We did run upon a rattlesnake crossing the trail so be careful there out there.

Decent trail. It is mainly access roads and the trail is not marked clearly.

Took the Emerald Necklace trail from the west summit trailhead back to the summit junction- just under two hours with a couple water breaks for my dog. Well maintained trail, well marked if you stick to the main trail, mostly gradual uphill. A couple of nice lookout points of the Valley. Saw some turkey and deer. Afternoon hike gave us plenty of sunshine with shade breaks. Saw 3 other couples my entire hike, which was nice, I don't like a ton of traffic. Not a spectacular hike but I enjoyed my short time on the trail.

This second visit to Antoine Peak I approached from the east trailhead on Lincoln Road. I liked it better than the more commonly mentioned western trail which I hiked about a month ago. There are fewer confusing trail splits from the east, and the views are better in my opinion.

Great views but poorly marked trails. Nothing to tell you "this way back to your car" when you come to a 4way fork.

Pretty good walk up to the peak, easy trail, a bit of an incline. Not a lot of views due to trees, but some openings to see the valley.

More views than expected. Wide paths. Very well maintained.

Take a reliable GPS receiver with you to avoid going down a trail that ends in overgrown nothingness. That might still happen even with a GPS (like in my case), but at least then you can find your way back or bushwhack to cut through to an already visited trail. The "main trail" might not be terribly hard to follow, but any deviations you take might just dead end. This area can be enjoyable if you know where you are going... which I didn't know. Follow the track of someone who said, "This place is awesome" instead of my track. Mine didn't really afford any great views because I didn't have time to go to the peak after all the wandering. Fortunately I kind of like slightly stressful adventures, so it wasn't a total loss when I essentially got totally lost.

The hike was not very pretty.

Very nice trail and a great view at the top

nice easy family trail.

I have hiked most trails in the area and this one is a 3/5 at most. The trail is basically a track that is made with a truck, so your walking on a very man-made trail that is washed away. I prefer a thin man made trail not a truck paved path so you feel more like you are exploring. There are also no spectacular views, just mediocre ones. The best part about the trail is the shade. You will definitely not get too hot on it.

Awesome hike! Large sections of the trail are currently washed out though! Not totally in-hikeable with a stroller though. We made do with our BOB.

Good trail. Wide road all the way up. However, right where the trail maps shows the start of the loop is a No Trespassing sign. I went a little further to see a nice view of the city about 50 ft ahead, but I stopped there cause there appeared to be some houses a little ways back into the forest and I didn't want to anger anyone by continuing on.

Good parking area with port a potty. clean and wide trails, although heavily eroded and atv damage. nice views.

Monday, January 09, 2017

I did this hike today with snowshoes. It was a very frosty January day. The fresh snow was about 4 to 6 inches on the south-facing trails, and was a couple of feet in places on the north-facing slopes. This is a great place for snowshoeing. I will definitely come back in fairer weather.

Monday, December 05, 2016

did this trek a second time but followed the GPS map on here and it looped in the opposite direction for a little shorter walk.