Annette Lake Trail

Annette Lake Trail is a 8.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.4 miles Elevation Gain: 2,132 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

As of February 2019, users have reported that the road leading to the trailhead from the highway is closed - adding about 20 minutes of hiking to the trip.

Rain, sleet, and snow fell during the hike. Conditions were muddy but the trail was well maintained. Only about 15 hikers out. Didn’t require spikes, but would recommend boots. There was about 3-4 inches of fresh snow at the lake and higher elevations of the trail

After a day of snowfall, the trail was exceptionally beautiful. After the main elevation climb there was snow up to 5” in some of the exposed areas, which added a good challenge to the trail. I will go back in the spring/summer to spend more time at the lake.

I’m pretty out of shape, but the hike was still doable! We went on a partly sunny Sunday morning @9am and it was surprisingly not crowded. There were slippery and muddy areas throughout the trail. Boots were helpful but my friends wore regular sneakers and did just fine. The 2nd to 3rd mile stretch is where most of the incline picks up so we had to take a few breaks + the last mile is flat but rocky/muddy, totaling ~1hr 45min to get to the lake for us. Walk around the lake to find the perfect logs to sit on and enjoy snacks by the incredibly blue water!

All mud! But other than that not a bad hike. It was not over crowded and we went mid-morning on a Saturday. This trail will definitely see snow soon so go while you still can

I had a beautiful hike to the lake yesterday (sept 29th) and it was gorgeous! A but muddy in places, to be expected in the PNW. No bugs, it was pretty cold especially at the top. snow is just creeping it's way in. not as many fall colors as I presume there were last year (as I've noticed this in a lot of places in the the area) but still stunning. Would definitely recommend taking this hike before the heavy snow sets in!

Absolutely beautiful trail, especially for the fall time. Took me about 4.5 hours to do but I probably stopped for pictures/hung out on the lake for 40 minutes or so. The first mile and the last mile were muddy but manageable and the middle couple of miles were steep and dry. There was an area with rock scrambles and a scenic lookout, absolutely beautiful but be careful with the rock scrambles and the narrowness of the trail. The lake was stunning and nothing like I’d ever seen before. Definitely a picture perfect Washington hike with lakes, a waterfall and scenic views!

Beautiful fall hike. Mile 4 is quite rocky with lots of roots, muddy as well. Get an early start to avoid crowds.

Trail was in great shape. It was a rainy day (9/16) so was muddy in parts towards the top. No bugs. Campsites by the lake were available and not muddy. Beautiful serene lake. Hike is consistently moderately “up” with switchbacks.

This was most certainly one of my favorite hikes in Washington so far. The lake is beautiful and you’re directly able to dive in immediately after you get to the end of the hike. I recommend going early, we’re we’re finishing up by 10 or so and the hiking traffic was definitely getting heavy. I’d wear hiking boots next time because of all of the rocks the are on certain stretches and the tree roots but I wore sneakers and was fine.

Awesome hike, moderate difficulty. To the lake in under 90 minutes.

Hiked this today for the first time. Got to the trailhead around 9AM and the parking lot was decently empty. Only crossed paths maybe 4 or 5 times with other folks on the way up. The trail is in great shape. If you’ve hiked some of the other lakes around this neck of the woods, you’ll be used to the tree roots and rocks (nothing more than usual). The lake itself was pristine. Bring lunch and a blanket and find a nice spot to relax. Saw some people swimming and the water was terribly cold. Temp even with overcast was nice. Enjoy the hike!

Out and back 2 hours 17 minutes. A simple trail with average elevation gain up to the lake. Don't buy into the hype about roots and rocks along the trail being a deal breaker. This is a trail in the forest not Burke Gilman trail in the city. Once at the top enjoy some lunch then hustle down.

easy

The trail starts across a bridge over rushing water, a good way to start. The trail itself is exceptionally well improved, also interesting with plenty of huge trees, storm damaged trees, switchbacks, and just plain rugged northwest terrain. You can tell you're getting close to the lake when you cross over slide zones of heavy shale opening to views across the valley. I camped about 75 yards south from the common approach to the lake, on a Thursday night. The few hikers there all left by 6:30 pm, I was the only camper. it rained most of the night, lightly. I thoroughly enjoyed the solitude and rate my overall experience a success.

What a lovely hike! My husband, pup and I backpacked and really enjoyed staying overnight right by the lake! The hike up is definitely a steady incline. We felt like the uphill parts were never going to end at times. But when we made it to the lake, it was all worth it. Plenty of space to set up camp and enjoy! We were chilly so we decided not to swim but we were nice and warm in the tent. There are a lot of fire pits that people have built around campsites, so next time we plan to bring fire starters and a lighter. Also, be advised that there is no designated water source up by the lake (that we saw) but there is a restroom. Great hike, gorgeous scenery, perfectly-maintained trail.

Trail was very well maintained. About half a mile in there is a waterfall and plenty of lookouts on your way up to the lake. We arrived around noon on a cloudy day but the sun peaked out for a quick photo. We didn’t experience the bugs as mentioned in previous reviews. The trail did have exposed roots and rocks but pretty manageable. If it wasn’t for the length and elevation I would rate this more closer to an easy hike. Side note....The nature walk in the beginning is pretty cool too!

There are a lot of bees, be a little careful and I would suggest wearing full pants

I went on this hike based on the reviews, and I was a bit disappointed. First and foremost, it was rocky and full of roots; I was constantly tripping. There were very few lookouts or interesting features along the way except one waterfall at the start and three lookouts of the same thing, Granite Mt., near the top. Lake was ho hum. Very buggy, mostly flies. I've been on a few hikes in my life, and this one I would not recommend.

view of the lake after the hike was amazing ontop of that refreshing. this hike was pretty steep but moderate it's a dog friendly and super fun to hike with a companion.

What a fun trail! A waterfall and a lake! There’s a really neat bridge crossing made out of a huge fallen tree as well. It’s a well kept trail and moderate is a true rating. Parked at 8am with plenty of of spots still available. Lot was full we we got back around 11am though.

Good trail, even took our aunt and uncle who never hike and they made the full trek.

Absolutely loved this hike! Got to the trailhead around 11am and the parking lot was nearly full, though many hikers were returning to their cars. The trail is well-maintained and gradual. It’s a very pleasant hike and the lake was stunning, even on a cloudy day. Plan to spend 3-4 hours especially if you sit to enjoy the lake for a bit.