Annette Lake Trail

Annette Lake Trail is a 9.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Right off the freeway toward Tinkham Rd. Left on FSR 55 for 0.4 miles to trailhead at end of road

Very busy hike, parking lot was almost full at 8 AM. Took two hours to get up and two hours to get back down. View at the top was OK, nothing spectacular.

Nice hike!! Go early not very many spots to access lake.. lots of people even for a Monday. Hiked 6/19/18

Went 6/19/18. Lovely hike, gets very rocky though. The view is beautiful and even got to dip in the lake. So worth it!

Really nice hike! It does get a bit rocky but you just need to pay attention to your steps. Gets pretty muddy towards the top, guessing from recently melted snow. The lake is beautiful! I wish there were better options for sitting and enjoying the lake but that's just how it goes when you hike. I'd definitely recommend this one.

Definitely want to go again already and I was just there an hour ago! I’m bringing a float next time. Too bad there wasn’t really a beach to it, just little spots for 20-30 ppl. SO GET THERE EARLY! Ha!

Hikes this today on a Friday afternoon and turned out to be absolutely the right decision. This is an absolute gorgeous hike and completely worth it with views of the lake just splendid but as with most alpine lake hikes - there isn’t a whole lot of room to sit and enjoy the views at the end so if you go on a weekend you are likely going to have to struggle to completely enjoy this view. I went today afternoon and there were 2 other people at the lake when I reached and I found a wonderful spot to just sit by the lake, lake around and enjoy the views. Gorgeous gorgeous hike.

Beautiful views

This was an amazing hike! The trail was so taken care of and had some interesting features to it. Such as the stairs made out of a tree. ALOT of uphill and zig-zags. The view of the lake is SO worth the hike! To get to the lake is a little confusing but you come up to a point that looks like the trail ends and you see a “toilet” sign. Keep going straight and take a left through the trees. You’ll see the lake from there! Also, so many people were on the trail but they were all so kind and considerate!

6/12/18: Went with my wife, her two sisters (early 20s), and her parents (mid 50s) at a pretty slow pace so we could all stay together. Averaged 35-40 minutes per mile. Started about 10:30am, returned at 5:30pm. A decent number of people on the trail, but it wasn’t crowded by any means. Lots of people brought dogs too. We spent at least 1 hour at the lake sitting and eating. Absolutely beautiful day and view. Recommend hiking boots because it’s wet and muddy in a good number of spots. Poles would have been helpful, but not necessary. Only traces of snow remained toward the top. Basically a straight incline the whole way there. Sections of switchbacks were the definitely the hardest - especially with the parents.

Fantastic hike for when you just want to get your boots on and go — super accessible.

Went up on Tuesday and it was very lovely, with snow on the trail only in three places, it was easily doable in tennis shoes and though hiking poles are helpful on the way down, they're not necessary. The weather was perfect, the lake was a beautiful turquoise and the trail wasn't too crowded. We only ran into about 6 groups, and everyone was very kind and polite, the only downside of the hike was the bugs. Though they were only present during the last couple miles and didn't bite, they did swarm so our lunch at the top could have been better, so maybe pack some bug spray. Overall, a great hike!

First backpack trip of the season and it kicked our butts. The lake is very rewarding and trails are well maintained. We snagged one of the campsites overlooking the lake and had a relaxing kick back time. There are about 7 "sites" that we came across, and we were happy we came up on Friday afternoon because later that evening they were all full. Saturday morning the trail was packed and extra muddy, just wear boots and bring an extra pair of socks and big spray! I slept in my 20 degree Marmot bag and was still a little chilly so bring extra layers if you are staying the night. It took us about 2-2.5 hours to get to the top with 35lb (ish) packs and 1 hour 40 min to get down on Saturday. Remember hikers hiking UP have the right of way, and to allow faster hikers to pass you either way. Happy Hiking!

Great weather, nice distance, and quite serene. Not too much snow up top. In all it makes for a great early season hike if you’re wanting to get to an upper valley lake.

Completed this morning. The hike was really good, trails are identified nicely, and no blockage (eg washout, snow, etc). Easily maneuverable without special gear. There is a small snow field just prior to the lake, but just follow the dirty foot tracks :) All is good.

The bad aspects of this trail is the level of "rooty-ness" and rocks everywhere. Almost the entire hike was full of this. Though is a short hike (7 mi RT), your feet will take a beating. My Keens hiking boots with good soles struggled. That's about it..nice scenery and photo ops.

Tips: Parking - come early before 8:00a and reverse park in. Why? when you get back cars are double and triple parked very closely without true order. Forward driving out is easier than backing out.

Done today. Started at 7.30am, back by 10.30. Tiny patches of snow on the top of the trail a one wider field by the lake. No need for equipment. Lots of ppl with dogs going up when I was descending, unfortunately not all leashed or well behaved. Trail well visible nice waterfalls on the way this time of the year, lost reception about halfway up.

What I didn't know it's a $5 charge so bring change or cheese.

This trail kicked me and my friends butt!!! Moderate is too nice maybe as a rating but it was lovely and the lake was beautiful!

Kick my butt! Beautiful, great workout! Very long and steep! Had a blast ! Would do it again! My legs was sore all day next day!

Beautiful waterfall shortly into the hike. Fairly steep, but moderate is the correct raiding for this 6-mile trek. Still a bit of snow as you make your way to the lake. Hiking poles recommended to make it easier with the snow. Lake is a beautiful spot for lunch. Would definitely do this hike again!

I went the other day and it was great. The avalanche Lilly’s were out. The going up was nice with about snow staring about 3/4 of the way up, Once the snow started to appear, it became slushy, but was really easy to cross. The lake was gorgeous with ice/ snow mix covering the majority of the lake.

Amazing hike. We made it to the switchbacks before needing spikes. Silly me didn't bring any so we turned around. Up to that point trail was clear and gorgeous. My pup and I had a blast.

The first half of this trail is beautiful, with many bridges and waterfalls to cross. It's very interactive and fun for children too . BUT about half the way up, the snow starts. The snow is DEEP- there were atleast 2-3 feet of snow left today! In these conditions, the trail would be inappropriate for children, and fun for experienced hikers only with the appropriate gear to safely tackle crossing steep icy avalanche chutes. At this time of the year, this trail should be considered hard, and would recommend to experienced hikers with appropriate gear only.

Still a lot of snow so be prepared.

We hiked this trail the middle of March. Was very surprised how much snow was up on the mountain. You couldn’t even make it to the parking lot where the trail head was. So that made our trek a little longer than planned however it was a great hike.

Beautiful!! Just be sure to pack a head net for al of the flies. We backpacked there for 2 nights and had a blast!

A very beautiful trail but I had to turn back just before the lake, as you have to cross an avalanche chute and I didn't think it was safe with the melting snow. Microspikes and hiking poles are a most. If you bring a dog, make sure their aren't pullers, otherwise you will be dragged off the trail as its only a foot wide track by other hikers. I'd wait till spring to finish this one safely.

MICROSpikes or yak tracks strongly recommended right now. Trekking poles were also very helpful in some steeper areas.

Beautiful day for a hike. Used our micro spikes, which helped a lot. There was a pretty large avalanche chute through part of the trail, but it was stable enough to pass. After the avalanche crossing, the snow was pretty deep as there weren’t any fresh tracks. We made it to the lake, and it was gorgeous. Well worth the effort! Looking forward to coming back in the summer! Parking wasn’t bad. We were in an all wheel drive vehicle and would have made it to the parking lot, but there was a car stuck. There is plenty of parking on the drive in, only .3 miles or less from trailhead. Enjoy! :)

Did this hike over the summer, so great and good tree coverage from the sun..and the best ending to a hike is a lake.... to swim in!

lovely frozen lake!!

good easy hike, smooth elevation.