Annette Lake Trail

Annette Lake Trail is a 7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Right off the freeway toward Tinkham Rd. Left on FSR 55 for 0.4 miles to trailhead at end of road

17 minutes ago

Recommend bringing spikes. I just had hiking boots which was fine but would have been easier with spikes. The lake is gorgeous and for the people that are worried about the potholes on the .4 mile road to the trail head, invest in something other than a Prius and you’ll be okay

Went on 1/17/19 at 0700. The trail head lists the hike at 8 miles total. The trail itself was fun because you start out in a lush rainforest and end up in a winter wonderland. The trail doesn't offer many views, but it's a nice landscape to hike through. Micro spikes needed. No need for snow shoes. The road leading up to the trail has numerous potholes, so drive slowly.

Nice hike definitely recommend microspikes and poles. Has some icy sections.

Soooooo beautiful ! Summer time is definitely the best!

Beautiful in the summer and winter. Definitely a favorite.

Hiked 12/29/18. First off, I would HIGHLY recommend bringing poles and ice spikes. It will make this hike a lot less strenuous. Snow shoes are not necessary. Secondly, there was snow in the parking lot when we got there, but even if your car doesn’t have AWD, I think it wouldn’t be a problem since the road to the parking lot isn’t very long. There was patchy snow from the very start of the trail. About a mile in, the snow on the trail became much thicker. There was a compact trail all the way to the lake and the path was very clear the entire way as well. The last 3/4ths of a mile to the lake probably had anywhere from 5-7 feet of snow especially in the avalanche chutes. It rained pretty much the entire day and on our way back, the snow was turning pretty slushy/wet. There’s a good chance a lot of that wet snow and all of the slush puddles will freeze over night. There was already some ice on our way up, which was really slippery even for ice spikes. It took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get to the lake and then another hour and 45 minutes to get back to the car. Definitely plan ahead as it does get dark very early in the Forest. Nonetheless, it was beautiful at the top! Enjoy :)

I did it and I had fun! I saw three dogs on the hike, and one was reaaallly big but it was not the friendliest. Anyways, good hike, moderate amount of snow, but good amount so if you fall it won't hurt. We made it to the end, but if you are older or feeble than you will probably not make it :)

One of my favorite easy day hikes to go on during the summer!

My wife and I love this hike, I hiked it on my own today, i made it 3/4 of the way but turned back after hitting knee high snow (I gambled not taking snow shoes). So, fun winter hike, lots of running water, just bring your snow shoes and poles to get to see her

We went in late November and it was an amazing snowy hike! We went in the morning and had beautiful light piercing through the fog and trees. The first third had no snow, second third had some, and the final third was a bit icy. On the way down in the early afternoon the ice had thawed a bit so we didn't slip too much! Poles are good to have, and spikes would probably be even better. The lake was pristine!

Went early yesterday and had the trail and lake largely to ourselves (passed three people on the way down).
Other reports are correct first third is snow free, second third is icy and final third was packed down snow (up to about 1-2feet). The icy section was difficult to traverse uphill and microspikes would have been helpful (we had poles), however on the way down the ice and snow did start to melt a bit.

The mileage is incorrect! It’s only 3.5miles each way, 7 miles in total. Took us just over two hours to get up, and less to get down.

Otherwise a gorgeous hike, starts in the forest, passes some waterfalls, snow covered mountains and ends in the lake that was completely frozen over for us. Super pretty at this time of year!

Currently a gorgeous snowy hike! I arrived around 8:30 today (Sunday 11/25) to find 7 other cars in the lot. The road was fine, a few potholes, and the parking area was slushy/icy. Trail was in good shape and easy to follow, but I’d highly recommend spikes or poles. I did see people without (in sneakers or boots), but I was very glad to have my spikes - I wore them starting about 1.5 miles in/2700 ft elevation. It was very windy at the lake, so have extra layers! The lot was pretty full when I returned around noon. All in a great first truly snowy hike for me! Also, this is the only trail that my Fitbit clocked as shorter & lower elevation than AllTrails (eg alltrails said you arrive at lake at 4.4 miles, but I clocked 3.62), so don’t be scared off by the mileage!

It took about 2h30m getting to the lake and 1h30m going down for my team. It was so windy at the lake while we got there (about 2pm).

Too many insects/bugs during hike.

this hike from trail head to lake only about 3 miles one way. easy and pretty.

hiked from iron horse trail it is about 2.5 miles off trail, well worth the hike good views not too busy but there are people

Beautiful trail. I got there at 10:30am and there were lot of parking spots. It took 2 hour uphill and 1hr 15min down hill. I will be back in the summer, Great Lake and picnic area.

Ok hike. Not the best views considering the miles. Would also be prettier in the summer.
Might try again next year.

This hike is accurately rated as moderate. It’s well marked/traveled but is all up to the late and all down back out. I spent most of the summer kayaking and haven’t lived in this area very long so I am not used to this much elevation gain. It took me about 4 hours to get up and 2 1/2 hours down. We met 2 groups that turned around and didn’t make it up because they were going to run out of time (not because they didn’t think they could ultimately do it) I think people commenting it took them 2 hours to get up are in great shape. So if you’re like me and in OK overall shape but maybe not hiking shape please know this is absolutely doable but leave time. We packed a lunch, spent about 90 minutes around the lake and then made our way back down. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Wonderful hike. I can't add too much to what the other (completely accurate) reviewers wrote below, other than to say a few tips: (1) At the parking lot, the "Nature Trail" and the Annette Lake Trailhead are right next to each other. Stay to the right if you want to go up to Annette Lake -- I ended up doing an optional loop on the well-cared-for and quite photogenic Nature Trail. (2) There's a road that you cross about 1/3rd of the way up the hill. The Lake Annette Trail is well marked; to stay on it, just jog to the right and left. (3) Most reviewers are saying that the trail flattens out toward the top -- that's true, but it never really gets truly flat. Quite a lot of rocks are up there. (4) There are many logs well-located up at the top for a nice sandwich/picnic spot.

Also, at this writing, ONLY hiking is allowed on this trail.

There are several reviewers who say this is an "easy" hike -- I think it's accurately classified as moderate. The climb up to the crest is 1-2 hours, and for beginning hikers, those with young children or elderly, they might find it rougher than an "Easy" hike on the ankles and knees. It's a decent amount of elevation gain.

I took a LOT of photos so my time was about 2 hours up and 1.5 hours down. Best photo time to arrive at the lake IMO is much earlier than I did -- I'd try to catch it around 10am if you can, on a sunny or partly sunny day.

This hike was perfect for mid-October! Moderate and clean-kept trails. The differences in terrain throughout the four miles keeps the hike interesting and the view of the lake at the end is well worth it. We went in the morning and it took about 1 hr and 45 mins to arrive at the lake. Around 11:30am, the sun right over the lake and it was beautiful. Next time I’d prefer to go in the afternoon while the sun is opposite of the gorgeous view.

Nice

Beautiful day hike. I reached the trailhead at 9:45 am and it was really easy to find parking there. Once you start the hike, you start gaining elevation around a mile into the hike. The trail gets a little steep for the next mile and a half. The last mile and half are almost flat but quite rocky. The views from the trail are beautiful with very pretty fall colors all around. The lake is beautiful and is a great lunch spot. I spend about an hour at the lake and then headed back. It took me close to 2 hours on the way up, given that I took some breaks to click pictures. On my way down it took me about an hour and 20 minutes. This is more like a moderate-light hike with really nice views and not too crowded.

Beautiful hike trough the woods and I would say a great trail for multiple skill levels. Ending at the lake was a great place to sit and enjoy the silence. Perfect way to start our trip!

Wonderful and rewarding hike. The many bugs made it hard to eat our lunch. We brought bathing suits but could not find anywhere we could safely enter the lake. Not too many hikers the day we went, though it was a Tuesday. Highly recommend.

It was a good hike, enjoyed it. The lake is very beautiful!

Easy hiking. I love this place ⛰

Easy hike. You do gain some elevation the last mile or so but then it flattens out and goes downhill. There was old bear skat when I went but saw no bears. Pretty easy hike for me. When you start you walk through the woods then come to an opening then go back into the woods then cross a dirt road then go back into the woods. When you get close to the lake you will know because there are some openings where the trail gets rocky. The area where you camp is gorgeous and so green. The lake is amazing Too and my dog loved swimming in it.

Overall an easy hike, watch out for some rocky areas. Trail conditions are good, great view of the lake at the end.

Great trail! It was challenging but not overbearing. Trail conditions were great, no obstructions, and not heavily trafficked. It was steep for about 2.5 miles, then there were some rocky areas. Fantastic view and the lake was gorgeous.