Annette Lake Trail

Annette Lake Trail is a 6.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1912 feet

fly fishing

beach

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 47. Right off the freeway toward Tinkham Rd. Left on FSR 55 for 0.4 miles to trailhead at end of road

Started @2:05pm, there were ~10 slots to park. made it to the lake @3:40 and got back to car around 5.

Road is snow free, but first half of the hike is icy and microspikes are recommended, but not obligatory.

A quick, easy hike. The trail is clear and easy to follow, I recommend bringing micro-spikes for the compact snow along the trail towards the end.

Super beautiful. I did this once when there wasn’t snow and it was super easy. Today was harder with all of the snow and it’s pretty cold at the lake, but super pretty. Also a little icy.

Nice trail. Bring shoe spikes

There was snow on almost the entire trail, obviously got heavier the higher we got. Nice simple hike, good view. It’s stated as a moderate but I felt this would be border line easy/moderate. The elevation gain was steady and never drastic.

I went when the smoke was bad, so that could be part of the reason I wasn't blown away by this hike. I want to try it again soon.

Got to the trailhead around 10am and there were very few cars. No snow on the trail, scant amounts at the lake. A few streams/puddles to cross but luckily there was only one that was tricky. Would recommend waterproof hiking boots, gators, and waterproof clothing for sure. Some folks had hiking poles which would have been nice for crossing streams. Over a good (but rainy!) trek to Annette Lake

Pros: gorgeous lake view, well maintained trail, nice steady incline, creeks/streams for the pups to get water from, only 60 min drive from Seattle and a short 0.5 miles spent on a forest service road... chipmunks!

Cons: first mile of hike can hear road traffic, electrical towers feel odd in the wilderness.

Tips: bring $5 in cash to pay for parking. Outhouse didn’t have toilet paper so might want to bring own.

Love t

Fun hike! The lake is beautiful! Only thing I didn't like were the bugs!

This is a great, standard hike. Not for first timers, but if you're kind-of collecting lakes, as I did, this one is fun to see. It's steeper than it seems from the elevation, because the hike is relatively short, so get ready to feel the burn. I went in the summer and swam in the lake, which was nice.

I just completed this hike today, Saturday 09/23/2017.

Assess to the trailhead is easy, just off the freeway on Snoqualmie pass. If you don't have a seasonal permit, you can simply pay the $5.00 day use fee at the trailhead.

It doesn't take long before the hike to Annette lake rewards you with a view of a beautiful waterfall. Once you near the halfwaypoint, the switchbacks increase.
Later, you cross a rock field, and before you know it, lake Annette herself!

It's a nice intermediate hike, with a well maintained trail. It is also canine friendly.

My partner and I hiked here in mid September. We started at 9 am and ran into a couple groups heading back from camping at the lake. A lot of switchbacks but gorgeous the entire way up the mountain. The lake was beautiful and we will definitely be back.

It was a moderate hike that took around 3 hour back and forth without rests.
I would like to go there again in winter.

great hike, pretty busy on the trail which we expected given the holiday weekend. The only thing that was upsetting is that somebody had a campfire overnight and failed miserably to put the fire completely out as we found it smoldering and had to douse it with more water. I'm appalled at how dumb people can be!

Hiked on a Friday in late August. Got there around 2:00 pm. Maybe 15 cars in the lot. It took us about an hour and 20 minutes to get to the lake, not including stops. It was 3 miles up according to my GPS.
Lots of branches and rocks along the way. As others have said, an absurd amount of insects. So many hornets. You could actually hear a distant droning of them if you stopped anywhere along the trail. A bit eerie, but none of them bothered us after a second of checking us out.
Lake was beautiful. Be warned the chipmunks are super friendly. I was sitting on a log, enjoying the view and one kept coming up and sitting a few inches from me.
There is a bathroom at the entrance which is always appreciated. Northwest Forest Pass needed to park.
Definitely an enjoyable hike, even with all the hornets.

The hike was a good steady workout! My husband and I just moved here and haven't hiked anything like this before and we were able to do it no problem! The people passing with and without dogs of their own were kind and respectful! The lake and other views along the way were worth the hike!

i did not feel like this hike was worth the view and I've been on plenty of hikes. constant climb all the way to the top and tons of bugs. i did see open spots where you can bring your tent and set up camp. overall, nothing special.

Super fun! I started early in the morning and was able to make it to the lake before the mist disappeared. I then got to watch as the sun broke through which was pretty cool.

This trail is definitely a challenge for those who may struggle with hiking uphill. The first half is all uphill, for my kids and I this was 3 hours of uphill. However it was quite possibly the most beautiful trail I've been on this summer and I will absolutely do it again! The lake was warm and great for swimming in, and the hike back downhill was much faster than going up. The environment was diverse and beautiful. Looking forward to this trail in the future.