Alpine Lookout via Round Mountain Trail and Nason Ridge Trail

Alpine Lookout via Round Mountain Trail and Nason Ridge Trail is a 10.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 10.3 miles Elevation Gain: 3,103 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great views along the way including of glacier peak. The fire lookout is locked so you’re not able to get in unfortunately.

Hiked this on August 6th and saw SO MUCH COUGAR POOP. Probably 20 piles along the trail. We didn't know it was cougar until we got back, though, so we had a lovely day. This is one of the most beautiful hikes I've been on, so glad we survived!

Beautiful trail, but very little shade and no water (there was a trickle about 1/8 of a mile from the trail head). This made it a challenge on a 90F+ day with me and my dog, but we fared well with 5L of water and a slow pace, taking refuge under the available shade. The lookout is amazing, clear skies but haze was moving in from recent forest fires. The lookout is locked up, so enjoy the scenery from the porch. We saw some grouse, and the usual squirrels, but other than that, not even a snake to be seen. Wildflowers are nearing their end, and there were no ripe berries. Arrived on a Monday around 1030 and there was only 1 other car in the very small parking area (fits about 10 cars). I saw only a party of 3 close to the summit, but was otherwise out solo. Cell service for most of the hike.