Ahtanum Ridge Loop is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yakima, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 885 feet Route Type: Loop

Trailhead is left of the military tank. Starting out taking the trail to the right (counter clockwise), through the Washington Agricultural Museum, is an easier route than going left (clockwise) because of its steep incline

verrrrry sunny. make sure to bring sunscreen!

Amazing hike! This was recommended by a friend, and I’m glad we went. Definitely steep both ways but worth every second of it. We went at sunrise and were able to see the valley draped in a golden film from the sun. Such a great hike.

Great mid day hike with a lot of elevation gain. Sage brush thick in areas so watch for ticks and snakes!

Morning hike up to the KATS FM tower from Fullbright. I had intended to follow the whole loop, but took a wrong right turn at Albuquerque, hahaha. To follow the loop, continue West past the tower on the ridge (towards the cascades) instead of returning immediately north (back down towards Yakima). Still a fun hike, easy to knock out time-wise but still a stair master the whole way up. Wildflowers are coming out!

This area is a maze of trails and old access roads. I started at the parking area and went straight up to the ridge line. From there I followed the ridge west to the ridge high point. It was a little difficult to find the right trail to drop back down, but that just adds to the adventure. All and all good little training hike/run.

This steep hike is worth the view. Perfect for sunrise/sunset hikes.

I've done this trail in both directions now. It's definitely easier to start by walking through the Ag Museum and taking the winding, linger way up. I actually preferred taking the steep way up to the left of the tank though. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath and it allowed me to take in the view. Going down that way I was solely focused on my feet so I didn't slide down. The bushes are starting to iver grow the trail though. If you're up for it, go off trail for a couple miles and follow the tv towers. Beautiful views from different angles. There's also a nice breeze up there to help with the heat from the sun.

Well dang that’s steep! Great mini-workout with stellar views at the top. Can’t be beat. Close to 40 degree incline up in places.