Learn more

Adventure, Poo-Poo Point, and West Tiger Trails Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(26)
Tiger Mountain State Forest

Adventure, Poo-Poo Point, and West Tiger Trails Loop is a 9.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 9.2 mi Elevation gain 3,001 ft Route type Loop
Photos (1236)
Recordings (26)
Completed (86)
K V
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 5, 2020
View K's Recording
Ciera Christensen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 15, 2020
HikingBugsOver grown

Great trail overall. Arrived to the parking area at 6:45am on a Sat, only a couple other cars in the lot. I clearly was the first one up this way this morning as I got about 372 spider webs in the face...so many spider webs; the only downside of getting there so early. Did the trail backwards for a better incline at the start, also saved my knees from trying to walk down such a steep grade at the end of a long hike. As a note, total hike mileage from the parking area is 9.9mi and 2,550', not 9.2 and 3k. Other than the web issue, hike was great. Went for quite some time before hearing people, didn't actually see anyone until the summit of Tiger Mountain 3. Then headed over to connect back to Poo Poo Point trail, that portion was overgrown and narrow in some areas and chalk full of mosquitos. Just to do the hike as planned, I did the leg to Poo Poo Point; but, having been there before, it's not really worth it for me, I'll skip that 1 mi out and back next time especially since the hike is really 9.9 mi. Even on Poo Poo Trail, traffic was light. Total time was 4:25, got back to the parking area just past 11am. Overall a good hike, I'll do it again I'm sure, in reverse :).

View Ciera's Recording
Sky Hutchison
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 14, 2020
Hiking

Hard going up on nook trail but worth it

View Sky's Recording
Julie Germano
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 12, 2020
Hiking

Good hike. 10miles by my watch. I did it in reverse to avoid the steepest grade going down. (My old knees will thank m.e later.) Only saw a few people, mostly at PooPoo Point. The only restroom is at PooPoo but it's not suitable for human use at this time. A bit overgrown here and there but nothing terrible. There is no real view payoff at West Tiger summit so if you skip that bit you won't really miss anything.zm

View Julie's Recording
Aisha Abdinur
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 6, 2020
Hiking

Incredible - lots of different trails (got a little confused) but it was great!

View Aisha's Recording
Sky Hutchison
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 30, 2020
HikingNo shadeOff trailOver grownRocky

So hard. I couldn’t even get to the top of poo poo point. My friend got sick and was throwing up and went back and I continued and then I threw up and almost passed out took me total 7 hours and people helping me down

barefoot jon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 25, 2020
HikingMuddyRockySnow

3/25/20 (Wednesday) - went one mile up High School Trail to Section Line to a Talus Trail that was so long I was pretty sure I was lost but, after getting completely discombobulated at the giant, house-sized glacial erratics with fenced off caves between them and going a little further, found West Tiger Trail #3 for a steady ascent on the kind of old, gravely logging road I don't like up to West Tiger Summit where snow'd covered up the Tiger Mountain Trail I'd was planning on traversing over to One View Trail and down the Poo Poo Trail I'd done two days ago via the "unmaintained" trail from the Section Line Trail up to the West Tiger Railroad Grade Trail I really liked so, instead of heading over to One View Trail to descend the Poo Poo Trail to the High School Trail, I ended up going down on the baseball-sized rocks on the Cable Line Trail that seemed odd to be right next to the West Tiger Trail #3ditions until I started going down an trail marked "unmaintained" that I thought was even steeper than the unmaintained one I'd hiked up two days ago, . . . until I came to a bridge that looked just like the Trillium Creek Bridge I'd crossed on the way up. Whoops, yep it was and I'd been backtracking for two-or-three miles without realizing it. I've never hiked in the winter until this year and think I'll wait until Springtime to try upper traverse from the Tiger Mountain Summit on the Tiger Mountain Trail to the One View Trial I'd missed today to go back down the Poo Poo Trail to the finale High School Trail. Sure are a lot of trails. In the meantime, thanks to Mr. Runner who lapped me four times, especially when the Talus Trail was getting so long that I was figuring it would never come to West Tiger Trail #3 and almost getting ready to go back and to Anne and to Andrea/Gabe who'd tipped me off to the Old-Mailbox categorie "unmaintained" trail for keepin' me from gettin' lost even more. :) ps (3/26/20) - in planning out how to get to the Talus Rocks themselves that I expected to be smaller boulders like the talus/boulder field up to Mailbox Peak, I discovered, instead, that the house-sized glacial erratics with the fenced off caves, etc. that lacked any explanatory or directional signage were actually the "talus" rocks so, I guess, I've seen them, after all.

View barefoot's Recording
barefoot jon
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 23, 2020
HikingBlowdownMuddyRocky

3/23/2020 (Monday morning) I didn't connect with the Adventure Trail but, after going up the High School Trail for a little over a mile to the transmission line ROW, headed left up the Section Line Trial where, after crossing the Trillium Creek Bridge, two hikers told me that, unless I was very serious about some very good exercise (which I was), I should be sure to avoid the seriously steep and slippery short-cut trail up to the West Tiger Railroad Grade Trail marked "unmaintained." However, it was way more maintained that most of the trails I'd hiked on all my life in Alaska and, sure enough, seriouslyh steep, almost like a little test piece of the Old-Mailbox Trail in my back yard. Actually, much more well maintained that any part of the Old-Mailbox Peak Trail probably ever was and the traverse back on the West Tiger Railroad Grade Trail to the Poo Poo Trail was worth it too as, except for about a half dozen deep dives down the steep slope where rivulets had washed away the flatter railway grading, it was so railroad grade enough to be very runnable even as the grade got sloppy mud and, at least, a dozen windfalls to step/climb over/around as neared Poo Poo Trail for the descent back down. Love it though and, all of a sudden, I have a new favorite trail.

April D'Antonio
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 8, 2020
HikingMuddyRockySnow
First to Review

Walked up Poo Poo Point and cut across West Tiger Railroad Grade. Very muddy and standing water in some places. This route would be amazing when it gets drier

Tyler Hammond
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 17, 2020
HikingIcyMuddySnow
View Tyler's Recording
Jake Sandberg
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 19, 2020
Backpacking
View Jake 's Recording
Tommy Mata
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 29, 2020
View Tommy's Recording
Paul Velocity
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 25, 2020
Running
View Paul's Recording
Eric Litster
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 14, 2020
View Eric's Recording
Begoña Gereka
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 6, 2020
View Begoña's Recording
raja offers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 9, 2020
View raja's Recording
Dora Cortes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 2, 2020
View Dora's Recording
Jonathan Atwood
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 19, 2020
Mountain biking