Tidal Basin and Hains Point

Tidal Basin and Hains Point is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Washington, District of Columbia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy walk through the cherry blossoms and fishermen trying for catfish.

Great hike this time of year. When I do this hike again, I will try to hike it when there are fewer people.

Not a nice marked trail path. Found myself constantly walking on grass/uneven pavement and sometimes losing what “may be” the trail. Scenery was beautiful though

Definitely recommend going during the Cherry Blossom festival.. beautiful!

The trail is great for walking or running. I've done this journey twice; once at night and once in the middle of a weekend day during the Cherry Blossom Festival. While the cherry blossoms are beautiful, the crowds are overwhelming. Our night walk of the tidal basin was very peaceful, and we only encountered a couple of people at each of the monuments/memorials. I wouldn't do the night time walk alone, however. This walk is one of my favorite things to do in DC, and is a great way to see some of the coolest spots in our nation's capital.

wonderful ride...a few pot holes, but it's DC:)

Sunday, March 26, 2017