National Arboretum: East Side

National Arboretum: East Side is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washington, District of Columbia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great place to go for a run, ride your bike or walk. It's open almost every day of the year save for a few holidays. Pros: not many people go during late fall/winter so you'll have place to yourself during certain months. Zig zag trails hidden away almost feel like you're not in the middle of a city, picturesque and a great place to take photos.
Cons:.l In the summer it's extremely crowded! Only open between 8am-5pm (* my biggest gripe since I like early morning or late afternoon runs), limited parking, security y sometimes closes back gate that leads to river earlier than that posted 4:30pm. I've been locked in twice!!! No joke! Luckily I had a cell on me both times and was able to call security and get them to come get me out.

Absolutely one of my favorite spots in DC! The Arboretum is beautiful year round and the East Side trail covers some of the best sections - the columns, Fern Valley, Asian Collections, and Conifer Collections.