Boulder Bridge Loop is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Washington, District of Columbia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 341 feet Route Type: Loop

Great trail! Lots of rest/picnic areas along the trail. A bit crowded but wide enough to pass another group of people safely

Pretty simple trail that takes you along side the water. Very tranquil

Great trail! Lots of shade, mostly wide enough for the COVID-19 times. The only thing that would’ve made it better is to not have to cross so many streets.

great hike. went with my kids. lots of great places to climb on logs and rocks. just follow the pink signs.

Muy bonito lugar para ir a caminar en familia y pasar un buen día se los recomiendo

My husband and I loved this trail, and we completed it with our two dogs. I enjoyed the scenery variety, from completely wooded to boulders along the creek. This trail would have earned a 5 if signage was better. Only once did I see a “Boulder Bridge Loop” sign. A map is a necessity. We chose to park by picnic area 24 instead of 13/14 (where AllTrails begins the loop), and I would definitely opt to park at 24 again. We took the trail clockwise, leaving the best part of the trail (in my opinion) for last—the piece leading up to Rapids Bridge. We logged this hike at 4.7 miles, keeping in mind that parking at 24 adds an extra piece of the Valley Trail. With water and picture breaks, we completed this in 2 hours. We will definitely do this trail again!

Heavily populated in the afternoon. A little muddy towards the end.

recorded Boulder Bridge Loop

Nice trail! But so many people!

Very scenic hike along the water! Would be great with a dog and the 3.5 mile hike went by quickly some incline areas but great hike overall would recommend!

very tiring but really fun, we all loved it, FMS

pretty beautiful in some areas

Great with the dogs! Easy to follow

Horse poop everywhere

Pretty lit! Awesome for my puppy, my Dad and me. Cool bridges.

recorded Boulder Bridge Loop

Fun trail off rock creek. Great place to escape dc for an hour.

Close to the road. A little crowded. The Nature Center was cute.

A fair amount of parking lot and road as scenery, but also some lovely spots.

Very good weather. Recommend for dogs and trail running

Great, easy trail. We took our dog who loved it. Plenty of side trails and different ways to mix it up too.

A very pleasant loop that doesn't feel at all urban. On the weekend the adjacent Beech Drive has no cars, so all you hear is the creek and birds calling. It's easy to modify the loop. On a pretty day, I came out of the valley using the nearby Soapstone Valley Trail, which was pretty and ends near the Van Ness-UDC Metro stop.

Great loop trail right in DC. Good with dogs. Decent amount of elevation change. Close to the road, but otherwise great overall.

Sat May 11 2019

Fri May 03 2019

Gave it a 4, because this particular trail recording goes alongside the road, whereas, if you didn’t cross the bridge about a mile in, you could avoid it. However, I was limited on time, so this shorter trail worked for me! Also, this recording has you cross a cars only bridge, so I walked across the boulders that makeup the bridge (not the safest option.) There’s a longer trail on the other side of the road, where you can avoid crossing that bridge though, as it is a cool site to see! I would definitely do this trail again, but I would give myself more time, so I didn’t have to walk along the road.

Sun Apr 28 2019

nice spring hike

Sat Mar 30 2019

Nice retreat away from the typical DC activities. Plenty of opportunities to get nice photos.

Sun Mar 24 2019

not bad for a short hike. definitely a good trail for limited time and/or to ease yourself back into it

Mon Mar 18 2019

A really nice moderate trail. Was a great hike for my friend and I to get some exercise while catching up. We also brought my 4 month old pup and he was able to keep up just fine. A good, enjoyable workout.

Tue Mar 12 2019

Perfect trail when you want some outdoors but you’re stuck in the city. Switches between narrow footpaths and wide horse trails. Definitely a good spot to take the pup. Not the best trail blazing I’ve seen, some areas are lacking them.