Yorktown Battlefield National Park

Yorktown Battlefield National Park is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yorktown, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Yorktown Battlefield National Park has large open fields, undeveloped wooded areas, and riverside trails. Discover what it took for the United States to be independent as you explore the site of the last major battle of the Revolutionary War. Here at Yorktown, in the fall of 1781, General George Washington, with allied American and French forces, besieged General Charles Lord Cornwalliss British army. On October 19, Cornwallis surrendered, effectively ending the war and ensuring independence.

I was very conflicted about how to rate this one. The map is very wrong. It has you walking into heavily wooded areas where there aren't any trails. I've lived in this area most my life so I've been here a time or two. It's very easy to make your own map/route so that's exactly what I did. The areas beautiful with a lot of history to see. Plus, it's by the beach. I parked by the beach so I could get the best of both worlds. So I don't recommend using this map but I highly recommend visiting the area.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Went on a ranger led tour, very informative, afterwards we drove to different points of interest on the auto tour and walked in