Wolf Trap Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Vienna, Virginia that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice easy and peaceful loop when it’s hot or cold. I use this trail in the winter for a quick outing if it’s super cold. I have also used this trail for trail running which is fun. I like to do two loops (out and back) to get a little more distance. There is rarely a time when I see anyone else on the trail.

Not a good trail after some rain. Most of its gets muddy so I suggest you go when it’s dry. The end on a regular road is disappointing. Trail itself is OK.

Great for dogs and kids, my three year-old loved it! Beware of snakes though, there was one on the path

I was visiting my family and decided to take my 4 year old granddaughter for a hike. After researching several possibilities I decided on Wolf Trap. We had a blast! We saw deer, turtles and a variety of birds enjoying a sunny day. It is a perfect trail for kids or if you are looking for an easy hike just to enjoy nature. More of a nature walk for me. My granddaughter enjoyed the brook and the various bridges crossing it. We also stopped in a garden area and enjoyed a snack.

PERFECT for a family with young children. We went on a cold winter day, enjoyed the stream, enjoyed the bare trees. Can’t wait to do it again in the spring and fall! This is a repeat!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Really nice shaded trail. Just a few areas where we weren't positive which way to go. Last part of trail not in the woods. Otherwise great time walking this trail.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Not crowded and under tree cover for most of the hike, which helps keep it cool in the middle of a D.C. summer.

Friday, November 04, 2016