Wolf Trap Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vienna, Virginia that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 144 feet Route Type: Loop

Free parking

Nice trail, pretty, follows a stream for a ways. Very quiet and tranquil. Blue trail was well marked. Easy hike. Would definitely recommend!

recorded Wolf Trap Loop Trail

Nice, well marked trail especially the first half mile along the creek where the kids can play in the water. Follow the blue blazes. We started at the trailhead that is at the far end of the far (West) parking lot (the one across Trap Rd) near the maintenance facility. Once we arrived at the Filene Center we continued around the Filene Center along the trail that continues along the creek, again still well marked. 3.2 miles total

Great hike for kids and dogs. The river was nice to play in. Also a good trail run option.

bridge out

great trail, not as flat as i thought, but hills were minor. can't wait to come back in the fall when leaves change color. Trails well marked.

Mon Apr 01 2019

Great trail! Enjoyed the sights and sounds of the birds amidst the gurgling of Wolf Trap Run. Very peaceful.

Thu Jul 05 2018

A nice easy and peaceful loop when it’s hot or cold. I use this trail in the winter for a quick outing if it’s super cold. I have also used this trail for trail running which is fun. I like to do two loops (out and back) to get a little more distance. There is rarely a time when I see anyone else on the trail.

Mon May 28 2018

Not a good trail after some rain. Most of its gets muddy so I suggest you go when it’s dry. The end on a regular road is disappointing. Trail itself is OK.

Mon Apr 30 2018

Great for dogs and kids, my three year-old loved it! Beware of snakes though, there was one on the path

Thu Apr 26 2018

I was visiting my family and decided to take my 4 year old granddaughter for a hike. After researching several possibilities I decided on Wolf Trap. We had a blast! We saw deer, turtles and a variety of birds enjoying a sunny day. It is a perfect trail for kids or if you are looking for an easy hike just to enjoy nature. More of a nature walk for me. My granddaughter enjoyed the brook and the various bridges crossing it. We also stopped in a garden area and enjoyed a snack.

Tue Dec 26 2017

PERFECT for a family with young children. We went on a cold winter day, enjoyed the stream, enjoyed the bare trees. Can’t wait to do it again in the spring and fall! This is a repeat!

Sat Jul 01 2017

Really nice shaded trail. Just a few areas where we weren't positive which way to go. Last part of trail not in the woods. Otherwise great time walking this trail.

Mon Jun 19 2017

Not crowded and under tree cover for most of the hike, which helps keep it cool in the middle of a D.C. summer.

Fri Nov 04 2016