Wilburn Ridge via Appalachian Trail

Wilburn Ridge via Appalachian Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mouth of Wilson, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Grayson Highlands State Park (276) 579-7092 829 Grayson Highland Lane Mouth of Wilson, VA 24363

Loved it, done it three or four times all seasons.

Can't wait to go back and hike some more!
Loved eating the wild blackberries on the trail!

Words cannot explain this place...... it's a must see !!

Fun hike with amazing campsites and views.

Beautiful Well kept State Park. There was a $7 fee to enter the park. We parked at Massie Gap parking area. Used the Rhododendron Trail,The trail is in very good condition but lookout for the manure! Got to see several of the ponies..that made the trip worthwhile. The trail is listed as moderate but actually I thought that it was quite easy. I went on past where the Rhododendron trail ends to just beyond where the AT crosses. The area is quite beautiful would like to come back and do more exploring

Great hike. Loved the ponies and the views along the way.

Spectacular views during our hike. Trails were pretty easy to hike and the trails up Mt Rodgers was amazing with a bonus of seeing wild ponies. We also camped at their campsite and the staff and other campers were all welcoming and super friendly. I highly recommend visiting this park you will not be disappointed. Caution to more of the adventures out there if you attempt to climb the waterfall on the Cabin creek trail be careful as the rocks are super slippery.....enjoy.

loved this place. fun day of hiking, saw ponies, amazing views. I definitely hope to go back

Beautiful! So many trails to choose from. We got super lucky and had the falls on Cabin Creek Trail to ourselves last week.

Nice views at the top of the ridges.

$7 fee for none VA residents to get into the park. There's also the pinnacle trails at the visitors center. Parked at Massie Gap parking.

Love this place! Seeing the wild ponies makes it even better ❤

favorite place to hike!

This was a wonderful trail! I went all the way to the summit of my. Rodgers, the highest point in Virginia! Out and back this was an 8 mile trail. For seasoned hikers it is a moderate. I completed in 4 hours

Beautiful

I LOVE IT HERE!!! BEAUTIFUL SCENERY ..AND THE WILD PONIES IS JUST A GREAT BIG BONUS! COMING UP THIS MAY FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Sunday, February 19, 2017

This is a very beautiful place!! I was hooked the first time I got to backpack there.. love the wild ponies!! heading back for my birthday this spring

Friday, February 10, 2017

Magical backcountry! Most of the trails in this park are moderate to difficult. I would not bring or hike with anyone that (dogs) that you cannot lift over large boulders. I hiked from Massie Gap on the AT/Rhodedendron, then looped back via a horsetrail during summer solstice. Good water sorces in most places. It rained the first 1-2 days, but after that nice and sunny. Still cold at night 40s-50s.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sweet views! Parked at Massie Gap and looked down as I climbed up. A lot of people with dogs and kids were all out. The horses were out, one was in labor. SoBo on the AT was very quiet. Lots of rocks both ways. Mt. Rogers way was steep and big rocks, while SoBo was just rocky. Go to the visitor center up the mountain. There are more trails up there. Awesome place to just sit and chill!