Wigwam Falls

Wigwam Falls is a 0.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Vesuvius, Virginia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 0.1 miles Elevation Gain: 32 feet Route Type: Loop

Not really interesting, but not a long walk either. Low rainfall meant not much water to go through falls. Wasn't even certain what I was supposed to be looking for. You can go for a longer walk on the trail that seems to parallel the road. Not sure how far or where it goes.

Just barely a trickle of water going over them from what we saw. why the park rangers have not gone out there and removed that huge tree blocking the path is beyond me. I did zoom in on the waterfalls to make them look bigger for my scrapbook. when you park go up the path and turn right on the railroad tracks then they left and you will be there in no time at all

bridge out

We did not do the entire trail. Just went up to the beautiful waterfalls and climbed a few rocks. From what we could tell it was very easy. The falls were gorgeous and refreshing on a very hot day.

Great quick trail to take the kids to see a waterfall. The historical significance was a positive as well. Note: there’s a tree blown across the wooden bridge that requires some limboesque maneuvers! We could get low!

recorded 10-6-19