White Rocks Trail

White Rocks Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sperryville, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The GPS didn't take us to the this trail. It took us just outside of the national park. I would advise to keep going toward the signs for Shenandoah and ask the rangers at the entrance. We ended up going to Whiteoak Canyon area. It was a really nice hike down hill along the creek with a lot of waterfalls. Going up was more challenging but not bad at all.

the entrance to this trail is not correct it doesn't exist anymore longer. The trail does hook up a bit further off of white Rock trail.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Nice hike with a good campsite off the trail before you go down to the falls/cave. Id advise setting up camp if your backpacking then going to see the falls.Its a really sharp incline getting there. My wife and I went down with 50 pound packs and had to come back out