Warm Springs Mountain Trail

Warm Springs Mountain Trail is a 10.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Warm Springs, Virginia that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I didn't find this to match what is listed. I found Ingals trail right away and tried to trail run this, but the part by the look out is so tedious a steep fall (likely deadly) awaits you with any misstep, it was only walkable not at all runable in that area. But the rest is enjoyable I appreciated the nature signs along the way and found them eductional. Then I crossed the road (39) and after a short walk on the right is a two track road. I trail ran this it was difficult for first two miles is a steady climb. There are breathtaking views sometimes obstructed by lush green trees. I was told black bears are around, I wore a bear bell and didn't carry any food guessing this works as I didn't see any bears at all. It was a windy morning made for no problems with bugs. Didn't come across any other people. Overall a wonderful experience on these trails.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Check out the little side trail to the left of the main trail at Ingals Overlook/Bonner Mountain... this little trail was better than the "main event" and offered nice views of a bucolic/pastoral landscape nestled in a picturesque valley. It also offered the opportunity to get off trail and find some wildlife, as well as a pleasant mountain creek.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017