Waller Mill Park Trails

Waller Mill Park Trails is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Williamsburg, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Hit this trail, early this morning, after it stormed all night. Trail is a combination of roots, sand, and leaves. All that '70s quicksand training paid off. The second I hit that wet sand I thought I was a goner, but I slide all the way across to the hard land, and caught myself. Praise Be 1970s TV! It saved my life! Otherwise, one of my favorite trails and I go often but I don't run it. I trip over air.

We hiked the lookout trail on a Sunday morning and saw no one else on the trail. The trail is over the forest bed, with lots of roots, and with several minor accents and descents into and out of gullies. Bathrooms are near the boat house. Parking is off of Airport Road, with $2 charge.

Easy, nice and quiet.

A lot of roots and small but constant elevation changes make it a good workout. Used off trail shoes for second go

Friday, March 25, 2016

it's kid friendly as far as the playground goes. but it's definitely not toddler friendly as far as the trail goes. Too many tree roots coming out of the ground.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Beautiful January day when we hiked this scenic trail.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

This was an awesome trail. You have to pay two dollars at the boat house for entry into the park. That is well worth the price. The lookout tower is within the first 1/4 mile. After you leave the lookout tower, the trail is covered with roots and they are very easy to trip on. We saw baby frogs everywhere, and some big ones. My dog enjoyed the trail as well, there were plenty of areas on the trail for her to get a drink from the lake. I took 3 kids with me and they breezed through this trail. Although I would not recommend this trail for elderly that have problems with knees.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Took the lookout tower trail (about 2.5 miles round trip from the parking lot). It was a pretty good walk. The trail was sand and dirt. The beginning 2/3 was extreme ups and downs and the trail was very rooty. The last 1/3 was smooth and gradual. I would definitely go back.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nice park, nice trails, nice reservoir and nice people in the office. They rent canoes, teach kayaking and collect the $2 entry fee. I did trails and also did some cross country.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

One of our local favorites. All the trails are nice... Lots of wildlife. Kids love this park. There is a dog park as well as canoe and boat rental. $2 entry fee.

Monday, October 01, 2012

We hiked the Lookout Tower Trail. This was a very enjoyable hike for the family. The only thing that I'll warn you about is that the trail is very root-y. My daughter tripped once and hit her knee.

The park overall is great. The lake has good fishing from what I've heard and the staff are very friendly. The park is very well kept.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012