Wakefield Park Trail

Wakefield Park Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Annandale, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

old growth

Fun day today. Rode the skate parkas well.

The biking trails look like they are no longer maintained or haven't been in a long time and are in terrible condition. There is also poison ivy everywhere on the trail. Probably best to avoid for biking.

I didn't like it for hiking, most of the three miles of it that I did was paved and really meant for biking but even then the scenery is a lot of roadside growth and trash with traffic noise throughout most of it. You get some good looks at the river but the trash does get in the way.

awesome park. my first visit won't be my last. anyone learning mountain biking like me excellent place to ride.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

This trail system caters more to the mountainbiker than to walking/hiking, which isn't a bad thing, but it should be more clearly marked so one knows what they're getting into. I'd give this trail four stars had I been on a bike.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

This was a pretty poor quality trail. Very difficult to follow; barely marked. More suitable for biking. Could hear the freeway the entire time, from every portion of the trail. I don't recommend.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

This trail is great, the Scouts also have made some more technical trails for running if you get tired of the main trail which is pretty flat.

Monday, October 03, 2016

I had fun and I Road 20 miles on PCT Trail

Sunday, July 10, 2016

It was a good trial and I want to do it again

Thursday, May 19, 2016

very pretty, especially in the fall... idk how far I went tho so can't say I've done the whole trail

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hard to find at first but rider directed me past the rec center to get on the trail. Directionals weren't that great, but trail was nice once you got going. Couldn't find waterfall like pic, but will go back to explore more.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Yea bruh!!!

Friday, October 03, 2014

Hiked from Wakefield Park to Audrey Moore Rec Ctr. Going south the first part is very flat, rural with bridges and stream. The second can be in the woods or along the service road, which is less interesting.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wakefield Park is also a good place to catch the Cross County Trail along Accotink Creek. The trail goes all the way to Great Falls although the few miles from Wakefield Park are what I hiked. The creek restoration is underway which should make the trout happy and the trail is a mix of dirt and gravel and then pavement. There is the dull roar of the highway which takes away from the wilderness setting but this is otherwise a very pleasant place for a walk.

Monday, October 01, 2012

Great trail for beginners. Would definitely go back again.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

This was my buddy and my first ever mountain biking excursion and it was very enjoyable. The trail was great to learn on and we will definitely be back. It was difficult the first ever run, but the 2nd time we attempted it, we had already improved. I would definitely recommend that those trying out mountain biking for the first or first few times, to try out the Wakefield trail!

My only negative comment is that it took us a little while to figure out where to go, we did end up finding the trails, but we wasted about 30-40 minutes looking for it.

Friday, January 27, 2012

It was pretty fun has a lot of different trails a little bit for everyone, when you go look for the 495 jumps. The mud was definitely a lot of fun

Sunday, October 08, 2017