Virginia Zoo Trail

Virginia Zoo Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Norfolk, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Not for high speed hikers and certainly not a chance for solitude. But this is one of the best zoos in the area and a nice chance to get in a couple miles while seeing something different. It is better equipped for small children too.

This Zoo was not as big as I expected. I was disappointed.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We borrowed some kids and went today. The easy mile and a half took 3 hours this time. (Stop for burgers, stop for Italian ice, stop for ice cream, etc.) but it was a lot of fun. We always think the zoo is for the kids and then we enjoy it more than they do. What's up with that???

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nice zoo. You can see everything in a mile and a half or zig-zag for more mileage.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

It was a lot of fun but sooooooo many people!!! They have added a lot more habitat to this zoo and it is great.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

It was a beautiful Saturday and the place was packed. (As in overflow parking.) But I had family in from out of town with small children. I certainly could not take them on a trail so this was a great way to get in a walk.