Virginia Capital Trail

Virginia Capital Trail is a 42.1 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Charles City, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

scenic driving

Capital Trail 2218 Jamestown Road Williamsburg, VA 2318

Well maintained. Scenic. Paved. Benches along the way. Visit their website for parking and activities detail.

Always take the side trail. One goes by a church from 1750. Great paved trail for cycling.

We've biked this trail a number of times. Lots of friendly people. The trail from Jamestown Trailhead to Charles City is the best section. Slightly over 20 miles to Charles City. Stop at Cul's Diner. Tell him John and Julie sent you. Great food.

Beautiful Mother's Day Ride. Weather was perfect.

I love this trail! I completed the entire 52 mile trail in both directions on this date. I rode my bicycle in sections over a period of time with some of the sections numerous times. I also found it convenient, at each end of the trail, navigating in Richmond and Jamestown on a bicycle, as both areas are becoming more bike friendly. If you have a love for history, historic markers, interpretive signs, and the outdoors, you may also love this trail. Go to www.virginiacapitaltrail.org for more information and detailed map.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It was very early in the morning. Not sure I was even fully awake. We went down to the river and enjoyed it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Not the best section of the Capital trail, but if it is a bucket list item for you then do it. We did it early this morning and were the only riders.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Monday, March 21, 2016

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday, January 16, 2016

I did this three years ago and forgot to review in. It was a nice ride.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Love this ride. Take the side trips down to the river landings. Spot some eagles and be sure to eat at Cul's Courthouse Grill in Charles City CH

Monday, November 23, 2015

Ride from James City park on the Chickahominy River to Jamestown is 12 miles and a great ride

Sunday, November 25, 2012

This trail is better suited for walking if you live in the local neighborhood. It is best used for bike riding, or jogging. I attempted to walk it from out of town but found it a bit bland. I drove along the road instead. This is part of the intended Virginia Capital Trail. Visit the link for more information: http://www.virginiacapitaltrail.org

Friday, October 05, 2012

I enjoyed riding the paved trail out and back with a picnic lunch. There were others cycling though not crowded. I look forward to the entire CapToCap being completed!