Union Mill and Bull Run Occoquan Trail Loop

Union Mill and Bull Run Occoquan Trail Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Manassas, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

About half the hike is akin Bull Run river...very nice. About 1/3 of the hike is over rocks so just be advised. Went with my dog and he enjoyed it as well!

Nice hike for the 4th of July. Good views and access to the water for dogs to cool themselves on a hot day.

Overall pretty good trail. The distance and rocky terrain were a bit much for my 5 year old toward the end. The elevations are uphill the final stretch. Relatively easy for me and my 9 year old.

I got to say it was a nice walking/hiking we did. It has bit of everything, by that I mean if you want to make a hike you can or just walk and explore. But overall I was very please specially my dog, he loved exploring the area and getting into the water. And my husband love it as well since it had rocks were he could climb.