Turkey Run Ridge Trail

Turkey Run Ridge Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Triangle, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This was a good hike. We took the dog and had a good time. We crossed roads a few times, which I didn't love, but it was enjoyable all the same. We went clockwise and had no complaints.

Fun time, nice to have a creek so the dog can cool off. Easy loop

Dog friendly hike! Not too crowded.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Great trail that challenges you with many ups and downs and primarily in the woods and along the stream. Does a great job of avoiding walking along roads, for the most part.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Beautiful dog-friendly hike! Completed in 3:45 with some breaks to let the pup cool off in the water.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

We did this trail today, it's actually three trails joined together. We started by parking at Parking lot A and we headed up Turkey Run Ridge Trail. It meets up with Old Black Top Rd. after the TREC. Then the next trail is on the left and it's called High Meadows Trail. It heads south over the Scenic Drive Rd to meet up with the South Vally Trail. Make a left and it heads all the way back to parking lot A. I tracked the whole thing with my Fitbit app and it was over 8 miles total. There are some hilly areas, lots of rocks and roots but it is an easy hike and some of it runs along beside the creek.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

We parked at Lot A off Scenic View Drive in Prince William Forrest park and hiked clockwise. Nice hike and the terrain was not difficult.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nice trail with lots of scenic variations. Absolutely verdant in late spring.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I nice relaxing descent from the Turkey Run Education Center down to the south valley trail. I completed this on a nice autumn afternoon - Black Friday specifically. Whereas the crowds might have been out shopping, I enjoyed the quietness of this place.

Sunday, August 13, 2017