Tunnel Hill Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Duffield, Virginia. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Gate City, VA: Natural Tunnel State Park is in Scott County, Virginia. It is approximately 13 miles north of Gate City and 20 miles north of Kingsport, Tenn. To get there from I-81, take Rt. 23 to Rt. 871 to the park entrance. Turn right onto Rt. 370 and proceed to the visitor center. Take Lover's Leep until the intersection of Tunnel Hill Trail.

The lift was not operating when we went. Off season runs only Friday - Sunday. We had our 3 boys (15, 7, and 6) and my mom-in-law (Broke pelvis a year ago) with. We had just hiked Lovers Leap when we headed over to this trail. Again trail was well maintained and signage was good. It was steep but easily done with all the stairs. My mom needed to rest a lot coming back up because of her hips starting to hurt. She did amazing overall especially with all the stairs. Beautiful views from the bottom. Kids loved the whole thing.

Quick outing! Good for groups that have hikers and non-hikers, as there is a lift to take people that do not wish to hike. Shaded with lots of steps going back up!

This trail was really well kept and the weather was nice. I couldn’t stand being down around the cave when the train came through. But it’s amazing there almost surreal.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Great afternoon outing, well maintained park that is wonderful for families.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Absolutely stunning scenery. Easy hike down. Be prepared for strenuous ascent.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

good for kids and not to bad

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Beautiful walk and view.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Beautiful views

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great little hike

Friday, July 17, 2015

This was the trail that rekindled my love for the outdoors. It's a short, but very rewarding trail. Lots of good views of the river and tunnel and if you're lucky, you'll see a train pass through. It's 0.7 one way so it's 1.5ish out and back. Absolutely beautiful!

Sunday, July 30, 2017