Trillium Loop Trail

Trillium Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hampton, Virginia that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

canoeing

Hampton's premier park is a 456 acre environmental education and wildlife management facility. Born from borrow pits and garbage dumps, the park is truly a success story of reclamation of our natural resources. From the 10,000 square foot nature center overlooking Sandy Bottom Lake to the elusive creatures that inhabit the wetland marshes, there is something for everyone at Sandy Bottom Nature Park.

The trail was easy to follow and pretty flat. There were lake views and was mostly wooded. I gave it 3 stars for several reasons. It was crowded and the people did not seem friendly. I prefer more rural trails. Most of the trail is next to a very busy and loud highway. There’s also a lot of loud overhead jet noise. The other side of the trail backs up to peoples homes. And there are apparently rattle snakes although I didn’t see any. I wasn’t aware we even had rattle snakes in this area. It was a nice length though. They did have a dog park which was empty but I wouldn’t use it based on the unfriendliness of the people there. I don’t think we’ll be doing this one again.

Excellent lunch time run - or if you are pressed for time and "gotta get some miles in". easy going surfaces.

Great easy trail. Saw lots of wildlife. Trail is a little load along the road sections, but I would definitely walk it again.

Easy path, even with little kids. Scenery by the lake is great with lots of turtles and ducks for young ones to watch.

We were able to push our double stroller along this trail- it was bumpy at times, but doable. A good portion of the path runs alongside the highway and is so incredibly loud, my husband and I couldn't hear each other and had to shout at one another- we were SO glad when that stretch finally ended. Because of that, we probably will not do it again.