Stony Mountain Trail

Stony Mountain Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Syria, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Monday, April 18, 2016

This trail in the beginning to the first half was awesome. A lot of up and down hill, the mountains were beautiful. I along with my friend got lost the second half, and we had to basically turn around and head back the way we came instead of the loop. It was still worth it, gorgeous scenery and great terrain. I would do it again only if I knew where the loop started after that first half completed, but it's hard to find.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Friday, July 05, 2013

Yes it certainly was a black diamond. Not only for the vertical but for the rough going in places. But the pain was not without its rewards from views to beautiful forest to abundant wildlife.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

This is a tough trail out of Big Meadows. Lots of up and down. It says 1840 feet of elevation gain but I was almost certain it was a million. Some good views, beautiful forest and lots of wildlife. We looped it with the Rapidan Fire Road and the Mill Prong Trail.

Monday, August 13, 2012