if you're looking for some solitude, this is one for you.

5Jun18-weekday afternoon overcast 70° hike. The whole Loop took about an hour and a half with stops. Drank 2 liters of water along the way. This hike started off at the Dickey gift shop and an incredible view of the Shenandoah Valley. The only people I saw the whole time on this hike was in that area. I never saw a soul on the loop except for my poles haha. as far as Wildlife goes, there were a lot of bear warning signs... But all I saw were squirrels (and one platypus ;-)

I did the loop clockwise and it began by climbing for the first 20 minutes. this is where I broke the majority of my sweat. The trail is pretty even some rocky outgrowth. But It pretty much leveled out after that and was mostly downhill. There were a couple of Spurs I could not go to because I wore shorts....and I could see poison ivy creeping up over the trail. If I had the hike over again I would have work long pants for this time of year because of the poison ivy. When I got back to the parking lot, I just washed my calves and ankles with soap and water since the bathrooms were still open. all good :)

The only place the trail got tricky to follow (because the overgrowth) was at The Farmhouse itself. I started going left when I was supposed to follow the trail down to the right, over a recent rain made Creek and then join a big trail.

* Really nice peaceful hike, would love to do it again in the winter just to see how it looks then.

Happy Travels!