Skyline Drive: Thornton Gap to Swift Run Gap

Skyline Drive: Thornton Gap to Swift Run Gap is a 33.8 mile point-to-point trail located near Luray, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips, road biking, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 33.8 miles Elevation Gain: 3,792 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Drove this too

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Tryin to decide north to sout or visa a versa ?? Any comments

Saturday, October 28, 2017

My buddy and I took a long weekend and tackled this section of the AT as our first trip. A good amount of diversity among the trail, some awesome views, and a great first hike. Highly recommend!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tackled this section with two friends this past Summer. It was my first intro to the AT and I caught the hiking bug. Came back with some really great stories and desire to do more section hiking in the future.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

We have driven this several times. I still never tire of the views.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Great hike with good elevation changes and lots of great views.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

The only time ever hiked this section in one piece was eleven yeas ago but I come up here several times per year. I have hiked the AT which parallels Skyline Drive and played along the way. There are so many beautiful side trails to big views and to waterfalls.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

We drove this section in the winter (dec/jan). It was beautiful and we were thankful it was open. Some days it is closed due to weather.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017