Skyline Drive: Front Royal to Waynesboro

Skyline Drive: Front Royal to Waynesboro is a 104.8 mile point-to-point trail located near Luray, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for road biking and scenic driving and is accessible year-round.

Point to Point

historic site

Beautiful views!

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

The only problem with writing about Skyline Drive is that I will get crazy for it and head up this week. I better call ahead because they close for weather sometimes.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Drove it again last August. It always takes a long time because we stop and hike side trails. We stop and enjoy the overlooks. About the time we want to get down the road we get behind a slowpoke tourist who is loving it as much as I do.

Monday, November 09, 2015

I know it can be done in a day, but I got a room and made it a two day ride. There are beautiful farms and mountain views along the way. I only have a mountain bike, so that added to the workload.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Just drove this again for the umpteenth time. Guess I never tire of Skyline Drive. The views to the east and to the west just keep taking turns with their beauty. There are many great side trails.