Skyline Drive: Front Royal to Waynesboro

Skyline Drive: Front Royal to Waynesboro is a 104.8 mile point-to-point trail located near Luray, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for road biking and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

historic site

This is such a beautiful drive. The scenes are just magnificent. Its extra beautiful during the fall with all the leaves changing.

scenic driving

Views were hit and miss over the holiday weekend with the storms, ..but where they were there, very hard to beat anywhere on the east coast.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Beautiful drive any time of year through Shenandoah. Even more so in the fall when the leaves change color. A must-do drive if you live in the area.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

I have been lucky enough to experience this drive 4 times...I will never tire of it. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Beautiful views!

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

The only problem with writing about Skyline Drive is that I will get crazy for it and head up this week. I better call ahead because they close for weather sometimes.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Drove it again last August. It always takes a long time because we stop and hike side trails. We stop and enjoy the overlooks. About the time we want to get down the road we get behind a slowpoke tourist who is loving it as much as I do.

Monday, November 09, 2015

I know it can be done in a day, but I got a room and made it a two day ride. There are beautiful farms and mountain views along the way. I only have a mountain bike, so that added to the workload.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Just drove this again for the umpteenth time. Guess I never tire of Skyline Drive. The views to the east and to the west just keep taking turns with their beauty. There are many great side trails.