Sharp Top Trail

Sharp Top Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bedford, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderate hike with beautiful views at the top!

well made trail steep but not very long. took me and my 10 year old brother about an hour and 15 minutes to make it to the peak and that was with multiple breaks.

One of the more intense hikes I've done, it is a very sharp incline all the way up with now leveling. The view at the top is beautiful, though every time I've went bugs at the summit attack you from all sides (lol!) DO NOT take the fire road back down or you will be threatened with a $100 fine...

A wonderful trail with a great view to make all the effort worthwhile.

Beautiful views at the top on a very clear day. Almost entirely uphill with lots of steps. Took my son and I 1+50 hrs round trip with a short break at top.

Wonderful hike. We took our four-year-old with us and it was tough but totally worth it.

one of my favorites!! the view is amazing and worth the tough hike. off to the east the view seems endless with gorgeous mountain ranges in every other direction. you can see the inn and lake from the top. there are also spectacular views from Buzzards Roost just a quick 5 minute hike off the main trail. It is a tough hike but the scenery is gorgeous along the trail but you have the option of taking a shuttle most of the way up with about .25 mile hike to the top. the shuttle ride itself is exciting. 6$ to ride up and hike back down or $10 both ways. there was a bear with 2 cubs the last time we went and we also saw deer.

Absolutely beautiful. Such a reward at the top!

Wonderful hike, but it gets VERY crowded on the weekend. Make no mistake, this is a steep hike, and the terrain worsens toward the top. My 5 year old was able to climb the entire trail, much to our amazement, but just be prepared to carry the little ones. Sturdy footwear, water and fuel is recommended. But again, wonderful trail and highly recommended.

Difficult but worth it.

Moderate Difficulty- This is trail offers one of the best views in SWVA. Once you reach the summit you are surrounded by a beautiful 360 view! This trail can be done with your children and pets as it is moderate in difficulty. Experienced hikers will see this as a easy hike but for someone who has not done much hiking will find this trail strenuous. I recommend bringing at least 2 bottles of water. The summit offers many places to sit and enjoy your snack as well but due to traffic it can get very crowded, sometimes bumping shoulders with others hikers to get a view from the top. There is plane crash 1/2 mile off the trail from a ww2 bomber. The debris is still on site. I highly recommend this trail to anyone looking for a out and back hike. Expect hike to take 4 hrs with lunch.

My favorite hike yet. The view is amazing at the top. Up hill but worth it.

Well I probably won't do it again as I am almost 60 and didn't realize the difficulty for someone in moderately good health. BUT, it was breathtaking at the top and I was glad I did it. Also, my little dog Kali did too!

Great! Did this hike with my 3 year old grandson. He was a trooper and loved the hike. Now he calls Sharp Top our mountain when he sees it from Lynchburg.