Sharp Top Trail

Sharp Top Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bedford, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Probably would have enjoyed this hike more if we went in a warmer spring day. We went on a windy, very cold, January day. Hike to the top is short but all uphill with a good amount of steps. We took our dog with us but I don’t think he enjoyed the steps at all. View from the top is great but the wind was ripping and we didn’t stay up there long. Wanted to check out Buzzards Roost but didn’t have the opportunity today.

Great hike, short and sweet especially in a cold weather like today.

Great place! All up hill makes for a decent workout, and friendly people.

This trail has great views all the way up in the winter. Lots of steps offer a fun challenge. Took me an hour to reach the top. Also check out Buzzards roost.

First time hiker. Loved it. Beautiful, very scenic views from the top make the journey worthwhile. Great exercise too!

Wow! Went last weekend... didn’t realize what I was getting myself into at first. Was pretty strenuous going up the stairs but was worth the hike to see the breathtaking view! My 4 year old daughter hiked the entire way up on her own two legs! Down was much easier, minus having to carry a child.

The view! It is a bit strenuous going up, but not a very long hike. There is an old weather building at the top and a rock pedestal look out with 360 degree views. Ran into several deer along the trail that had no issues or concerns about being so close to humans. Some parts have rock stairs and well marked. A must if you are in the area, or worth a weekend trip. There is a campground near the trail head and at least 2 other trails nearby.

I have a certain affection for this Trail! It is a local favorite for me and the view is absolutely amazing for central Virginia. It gets pretty busy during peak seasons so I love going in winter and early spring. Be sure and slide over to buzzards roost for a little more privacy. Trails is very well marked and easy to navigate but it is a challenge. Especially for beginners! The reward is great though for those who stick with it!

Did this one about 2 months ago to watch the sunrise, the hike isn’t long but the views were amazing and worth the trek up.

This is one of the best trails to hike in VA

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our trek up this mountain. It’s steep and rocky but so worth the 360view at the top, with lots of vistas along the way. There is a shop and restrooms at the base in case you forget anything.

Not an easy hike. For inexperienced hikers, like myself, you will have to push forward and take some breaks but it is well worth it once you get to the summit. Amazing views. I loved it and will definitely be back again.

Awesome trail. Didn’t realize it was rated “Hard” before we started, but the pain was well worth it!

Well worth it!!!

Great trail! Loved it!!

Beautiful views from the top make the hike well worth it.

Beautiful trail with great views. At times can be crowded...so it’s best to go during the work-week.

Beautiful morning nature walk

A difficult trail that ends with amazing 360° views! Well worth it!

cool hike. not super hard or long. just right to make u feel like u got after it. awesome views!