Sharp Top Trail

Sharp Top Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bedford, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Amazing view from the top

Okay. I would rate moderate, not difficult.

Honestly not as strenuous as everyone else made it seem. Beautiful hike, saw a deer less than 5ft away! Amazing views from the top although the gnats were extremely bad when I went, still 5/5.

Great trail that allows for creativity and adventure off trail. Definitely worth the hike if in the area.

Amazing 360 views at the top. Definitely worth the climb of what seems like thousands of stairs. I do suggest taking lots of water and snacks. The trail is well maintained but I wouldn't suggest it for all families unless you're OK with the possibility of carrying a very sleepy child. My boyfriend and I did opt to do the additional trail buzzards roost which wasn't nearly as exciting. Passed maybe 6 or so people but the trail wasn't crowded.

Great views at the top but really disappointed with all the trash on the trail. I picked up a hand full on the way down. It takes a pretty low and lazy person to just discard their belongings like that.

Also, don't let the hard rating fool ya, it's not that bad.

Awesome views and nice hike up!!

It was a good workout getting to the top but we loved the views! Probably one of the best I've seen!

Moderate hike with beautiful views at the top!

well made trail steep but not very long. took me and my 10 year old brother about an hour and 15 minutes to make it to the peak and that was with multiple breaks.

One of the more intense hikes I've done, it is a very sharp incline all the way up with now leveling. The view at the top is beautiful, though every time I've went bugs at the summit attack you from all sides (lol!) DO NOT take the fire road back down or you will be threatened with a $100 fine...

A wonderful trail with a great view to make all the effort worthwhile.

Beautiful views at the top on a very clear day. Almost entirely uphill with lots of steps. Took my son and I 1+50 hrs round trip with a short break at top.