Rolling Meadows Trail

Rolling Meadows Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Upperville, Virginia that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

The Lost Mountain Trail and Washington's Ridge trail are both accessible from this trail, but are labeled by the state park as horseback only, not hiking.

Combined Rolling Meadows with Washington's Ridge for a nice hike on a hot day. Rolling Meadows isn't much more than a walk but the two stream crossings are nice along with the views. Washington's Ridge adds a little challenge and some scenery.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

More of a walk than a hike. Fields are nice but don't provide much excitement

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Monday, January 04, 2016

This trail was much nicer than I expected. On a cold January day it was still scenic, so I MUST return this summer. I still need to do the rest of the trails in the park so if I have time, this one is worth repeating. There is some elevation gain, but not all at once, so you will hardly notice.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

One of the most beautiful hikes I have ever been on. Beautiful views no matter where you are in the park!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

One of my favorite hikes yet!! This was beautiful, with awesome views and creeks streaming by. I definitely recommend this hike.

Sunday, January 15, 2012