Rockwood Park Trails

Rockwood Park Trails is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, Virginia that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun and beautiful

A few elevation changes, interesting views of ferns, a pond and woodlands make this shaded trail interesting. Metal pipe stabs in one place make for a dangerous tripping hazard. A shady parking lot by the nature center allowed for a less hot car upon my return. Well visited, so plan to share the trails during peak times.

Nice trails well marked

we started on blue and connected to orange to get in 3 miles. well marked. if you go early its not too busy.

Nice paved well marked 1.3 mile trail loop moderately hilly.

Monday, November 07, 2016

I love jogging around this trail. It is so wonderful and each time brings a new adventure and wonderful things to see like crossing the bridges, exploring through the tree, or going down by the reservoir.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

It was gorgeous and had different scenery and obstacles around each corner
So much fun!!!
I hike at this park a few times a week with my dogs :)

Saturday, April 02, 2016

I have been using these Trails for many years. I have mountain biked on them, and have done a great deal of walking on them. The main trail is paved and hilly and is great for strollers and what not. A good workout for walking. the crossover trails and pond trails are dirt and very good for walking or mountain biking. I just have to be careful and watch for other people. the scenery is great and the paths are well-maintained. I would highly recommend Rockwood Park!

Monday, June 30, 2014

There were a number of trails to choose from. I picked one of the paved trails so my sun could ride his bike along with me while I jogged. The trail we picked had multiple stop points with exercise suggestions (like stretching, monkey bars, pull ups, push ups, etc.) We loved the scenery with trees, picnic spots, nature, a lake (pond), plants! This trail was paved, but there were others that were not. There were also multiple grade changes and some of the trails crossed, so you could easily make your hike or run shorter or longer by changing paths. Very kid friendly, too.

Friday, July 27, 2012

This review is of the Orange Circle Trail. This was a very nice walk with some challenging (for me) grade changes. The trail markers were pretty sparse in some areas which made me wonder if I was still going the right way, but overall, it is well marked. The trail borders a private pond, and it would have been great if fishing was allowed. It's a multi-use trail so I passed a runner and two guys on mountain bikes while I was there.