Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail

Roaring Run Hoop Hole Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Eagle Rock, Virginia that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Directions from Roanoke, VA: Take I-81, Exit 150 to US 220 north past Eagle Rock. At VA 615, turn left and go 5.5 miles to VA 621. Turn right onto VA 621 and go 1 mile to Roaring Run entrance on left. Driving distance from I-81 is 27.5 miles; estimated driving time is 40 minutes.

Actually, it's Roaring Run Falls. I'd say it's a bit more challenging if you're going to bring somebody who's 80 years old. But it is a very nice hike with a lot to see either way you take it.

Difficulty-easy
Roaring run is a relaxing walk with views of big rocks and waterfalls. This trail is well maintained and has a lot of history with old furnaces still standing. This is a great trail to start out on and practice for the hiking season.Roaring run is highly trafficked so be prepared for a crowded parking lot, especially on holiday weekends. If this trail is too easy for you then you can go to the left of the outhouse (bathroom) and hike the "iron ore trail". This is a 5.5 mile hike , there are no overlooks on iron ore trail but great practice and a walk in the woods with light traffic.

One of my favorite hikes ever. You get to see so much for as easy of a hike it is. Next time I hope to take my 80 year old dad with us.

Execellent trail! Easy for a family with kids and dogs!

Took the family. Nice easy hour with great views. Stayed streamside and didn't get to check out the other trails due to family, but plenty to do there.

Easy hike which is great for the little ones with little legs and just a beautiful place.

Spent 2 hours on the trail hiking then hunting for slag at the furnace, back at the beginning of the trail. The trails were well maintained with only a few muddy spots along the way. The kids and dog loved the hike. Great activity with the family.

For a short hike, the scenery was great. Along the river on the way up which was moving quickly over many cascades. The falls at the top were a great destination and the woodland path down had some nice views and the quiet rumble of the river in the distance.

I love a trail with fast moving water and waterfalls. This was a nice trail.

I did this a couple days ago. Roaring run is gorgeous. The whole hike was nice.

it was fun took then woodland trail

I would have given this Trail 5 Stars had I got to spend more time on it. I was literally on my way into Roanoke from Covington and I was still on the clock at the time needless to say I realized that it was only a 10 to 15 minute detour so I figured why not... And boy was I amazed I only got to hike up to the main Falls and back using the lower Creekside Trail but I would totally go back and can easily see myself spending a day there! I can't wait to go back might even do it this Sunday!