Riverbend Park to Great Falls Overlook

Riverbend Park to Great Falls Overlook is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Great Falls, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

If you're willing to trade a 4 mi RT walk to skip the fee and lines into Great Falls Park, this is your trick. It's a pretty stroll along the Potomac and gives you access to fishing if that's your thing, but this trail is simply my conduit to GF if I'm meeting up with someone without a park pass or if I anticipate crowds at the park gate. Not really a destination trail, in my opinion.

Nice easy hike. Saw a doe and its 2 fawns. The great falls overlook was amazing.

Amazing views! Excellent trails and the waterfall was a nice ending, just marvelously done!! GO!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Beautiful day. Busy as it was Easter Sunday. Nice trail. Wear appropriate shoes! Dogs enjoyed it as well.

Friday, February 03, 2017

awesome and peaceful trials...loved the sound of the river

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Nice and easy ... some good harder parts ...

Friday, May 13, 2016

Very nice trail I did run into a snake in a tree when I was walking back to my car on the green trail Not sure what kind of snake it was

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Beautiful trails and lots of wildlife. I absolutely love going birding here, I always see lots of species. Kayaking was absolutely beautiful and serene.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Riverbend Park has one of the few fully accessible/inclusive trails in Northern Virginia.

recorded Pack 1577 Hike