Red Wing Park Gardens

Red Wing Park Gardens is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Virginia Beach, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

This is the front section of Red Wing Park Gardens, where the gardens actually are. You will find a Japanese garden, rose garden, aroma garden and beautiful wooded trails. Red Wing Park Gardens has three very different areas: the back section is wooded and very wet after a rain. It ends back at the river. The middle section contains sports fields a dog park, the ranger station and zillions of people. The front section contains the beautiful gardens and nice trails.

tried but, could not find. can anyone give me details. these directions did not get me there.

Nice walk to do with your four legged friend.

Not bad, don't expect to rack up many miles. Tried to find trail all the way to the lake to the NE, but it became hard to follow and I had to stop due to water/swamp. The portions closer to picnic area are nice, dry, and well marked, with occasional sitting spots (benches) in the woods. Be aware that there is some deer hunting activity going on back there. I saw the typical signs, and I believe a few people are allowed to archery hunt there legally.

I took my prom pictures here, in their cozy little Japanese garden. Also, this is no trail, just a large area for sports rec.

Beautiful hiking trails and very easy on our two year old daughter to walk. We loved hearing the birds and we were alone on the trails. Nice playground but REALLY needs to be cleaned and updated.

Very pretty little park but people need to read the signs. Says no dogs and saw someone with a dog. We saw beautiful koi, though their pond needs to be redone, and a cute turtle. Flowers were beautiful!

Thursday, May 12, 2016

It was an easy run.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Nice trail when it's dry. Summer heat brings lots of mosquitoes from the river.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Nice and easy 2.5 mile loop trail around this beautiful park. The Japanese garden is a perfect spot for photo shoots, the woodland trail is well groomed and the river section is sure to have water fowl and sometimes otters and beavers.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

This is a really beautiful garden and trails. It was all beautiful and tranquil but I liked the aroma garden best.

Friday, June 14, 2013

The front section of Red Wing Park Gardens is beautiful! It might not be Norfolk Botanical Gardens, but then it is free. The local garden clubs maintain the gardens. I really loved the wooded trails in this section.