Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park

Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leesburg, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike. I went with my kids (6 and 8). Perfect distance for them. Some elevation changes and views of the river. We strayed from the white trail onto orange which had quite a bit of thorn vines. Saw a few other hikers and a few runners on a mid November day.

A nice and easy trial. Very pleasant under in the forest and beside the Potomac. I recommend for a family time. Only bad thing, in 1 hour all is done!

steep hills but nice shady trail.

Nice trail for a short hike. Mostly easy but a couple moderate, somewhat challenging areas (I only did the white trail) but these are very short. Nice views of the river up high and then a little walk along the shore.

It is not an easy trail
There are some steep incline and declines
It is a fine short walk otherwise

Most of the trail is a real quiet escape from the city.

Easy trail but too many younger just hanging around in the trail, in my opinion safety could be an issue. I hope l am wrong and was just that day that I visited the trail.

Nice trail. Some parts of the trail are more moderate than easy. Nice wooded trails. Great view at waters edge. Loved it.

Went here solo with the pup. It's a nice quiet walk, bridges and trees to get over so not just a walk, feels like a hike. I recommend finding the entrance on the right past the house and starting that way then you'll end on the high-note of views rather than starting with them and ending with traffic. I did white loop.

I hiked the green trail with my two boys, ages 6 and 3, and we all enjoyed this very much. There are some nice variations in gradation and terrain and a beautiful view of the Potomac River as well.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Trail in Nov is full of leaves, and a bit difficult to follow. Would rate this VP between easy and moderate.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Fun, easy trail with beautiful views!

Friday, July 01, 2016

it was great easy fun with a wonderful view, secluded as well as clean, recommended.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I had fun. It's an easy and quick hiking. It's more like a walk in a park/along a river.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Very nice. Not too easy and not too complicated.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Relaxing

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Green is "easy"
White is hard and steep
There's yellow and maybe one other color - haven't done those yet.

Water over looks are nice

Friday, February 19, 2016

I love red rock. I've been going there since I was a kid always fun and it's a place u can go off trail and be safe. I also went geocaching and that was awesome too.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Nice and convent trail for a quick hike. Kid and pet friendly.