Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park

Red Rock Wilderness Overlook Regional Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Leesburg, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun little path. A couple of optional paths as well if you want to mix it up after doing the main path. Some downed trees you have to go over or under when we went. 4 year old handled it no problem. Some vertical areas and can be slightly slippery when wet. Fun path. Took an hour total. Will come back again.

Nice easy trail, some elevation changes but nothing our 3 year old couldn't handle. Mostly shaded, not busy at all. Could be pretty muddy after a rainy day.

Great view of the river. Liked the safety fence because we had a 3 year old with us and the ruins were an added surprise.

Really loved the trail. Really beautiful

A few steep parts, and fallen trees, made the trail a little hard to follow

White trail was nice. Two kids 7 and 3 were able to do it with some help on the steep parts. It’s very pretty if take the path down to the water.

Great hike. I went with my kids (6 and 8). Perfect distance for them. Some elevation changes and views of the river. We strayed from the white trail onto orange which had quite a bit of thorn vines. Saw a few other hikers and a few runners on a mid November day.

A nice and easy trial. Very pleasant under in the forest and beside the Potomac. I recommend for a family time. Only bad thing, in 1 hour all is done!

steep hills but nice shady trail.

Nice trail for a short hike. Mostly easy but a couple moderate, somewhat challenging areas (I only did the white trail) but these are very short. Nice views of the river up high and then a little walk along the shore.

It is not an easy trail
There are some steep incline and declines
It is a fine short walk otherwise

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Most of the trail is a real quiet escape from the city.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Monday, April 17, 2017

Easy trail but too many younger just hanging around in the trail, in my opinion safety could be an issue. I hope l am wrong and was just that day that I visited the trail.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Nice trail. Some parts of the trail are more moderate than easy. Nice wooded trails. Great view at waters edge. Loved it.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Went here solo with the pup. It's a nice quiet walk, bridges and trees to get over so not just a walk, feels like a hike. I recommend finding the entrance on the right past the house and starting that way then you'll end on the high-note of views rather than starting with them and ending with traffic. I did white loop.

Monday, January 02, 2017

I hiked the green trail with my two boys, ages 6 and 3, and we all enjoyed this very much. There are some nice variations in gradation and terrain and a beautiful view of the Potomac River as well.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Trail in Nov is full of leaves, and a bit difficult to follow. Would rate this VP between easy and moderate.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Fun, easy trail with beautiful views!

Friday, July 01, 2016

it was great easy fun with a wonderful view, secluded as well as clean, recommended.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I had fun. It's an easy and quick hiking. It's more like a walk in a park/along a river.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Very nice. Not too easy and not too complicated.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Relaxing

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Green is "easy"
White is hard and steep
There's yellow and maybe one other color - haven't done those yet.

Water over looks are nice

Friday, February 19, 2016

I love red rock. I've been going there since I was a kid always fun and it's a place u can go off trail and be safe. I also went geocaching and that was awesome too.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Nice and convent trail for a quick hike. Kid and pet friendly.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Perfect for dog and toddler.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Beautiful hike

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Beautiful and easy going walk. Peaceful by the river and at the overlook. Great for a family nature walk.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Nice walk. Beautiful view of the river, especially when we climbed down to it.