Learn more

Preddy Creek Outer, Advanced, Creekside and Goldenrod Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(81)
Preddy Creek Trail Park

Preddy Creek Outer, Advanced, Creekside and Goldenrod Loop is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ruckersville, Virginia that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 341 feet Route Type: Loop

I would call this a nature walk. No true elevation gain. Young fit guy. Still very nice and enjoyable

Great trail. My FitBit has this look as 4.6 miles; not sure if it is right or the listed mileage here is right. Just enough hills for a little workout.

Great trail! Excellent for all skill levels.

a nice hike a little muddy. lots of dogs bikers and some horses. a lot of different trails to explore and go off on. Not too difficult a couple of inclines.

Pretty straightforward loop. Some small inclines, a nice casual walk. Loop took about an hour and 15 minutes.

New to the area and love preddy creek already!

I lived 15 minutes away from this trail and used to go on it with my sons all of the time. It’s Gorgeous and peaceful. Never too crowded

This was a great hike! I’m not in the best shape and I kept an average heart rate of 145 - so it is definitely doable but also has a nice incline. Very pretty and well maintained.

Lots of butterflies on the day I went.

Wed Apr 10 2019

I would call this an easy hike, there are some inclines that might catch a few people off guard but other than that it is a nice fast paced hike. follow the arrows on the signs to do the specific loop but there are plenty of other trails that branch off.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Nice and easy hike after coming off the AT. Was surprised to see how nice the starting area was. Great parking including bathroom facilities. A lot of dog walkers. Many trail options for those that would like less.

Tue Jan 15 2019

Good for the dog too

Sun Dec 02 2018

Great easy hike. I would not rate this as moderate. Trails were well marked and there were very few people out. It was a great hike to stretch the legs and get in some fresh air without over exertion.

Sun Nov 04 2018

Well marked trails through the woods and along a river. This is our go-to quick hiking place 10 minutes from our house that we take our dog to regularly.

Mon Aug 27 2018

Had a great time, but there are so many more trails and very few markers. No maps available at the park so just be prepared. Besides that nothing bad to say, clean easy to walk trails that all loop back eventually.

Thu May 17 2018

Didn't think it was as well marked as some but this was a year ago. Got some great pictures and saw some neat birds.

Sun Apr 15 2018

Good 3.5 mile hike around the outer paremiter. They have just recently added more trails too.

Tue Jan 30 2018

Fun. 3.4 mile well maintained loop.