Powhite Park Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(111)
Powhite Park

Powhite Park Loop Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richmond, Virginia that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 150 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice little trail but not if your mountain bike cane from Walmart. Not crowded at all.. couple friendly runners though.. peaceful however the trail is not heavily marked and we got lost...a plethora of not so well traveled “off trails” that will leave u riding or pushing in circles.. no trash or litter.. my 16 year old daughter and I loved this lil adventure in the woods

If you want a quick walk in the trees, this hike is a good option. It is not a popular trail, which makes it appealing for social distancing, versus hiking in JRP. It is popular for biking so hikers heads up. It can also get muddy in the low area along the creek and wetlands. The one true downside is its location along Chippenham Parkway.

Bit crowded today, wasn’t bad earlier in the day though. Super pretty today

recorded Powhite Park Loop Trail

Pretty good day. I want to try again here when I am not stoned or high. Saw the same two bikers multiple times, but besides them and one runner, that was it tonight! Here for only an hour. 6:20-7:20pm

recorded Powhite Park Loop Trail

Wow! A great trail with not a lot of people here. I love it! I’m not yet comfortable to run here - kinda twisted my ankle - but it’s golden.

This was a fun trail for our family! Our kids are almost 10 and 12 and enjoyed it. Some steep areas. Not well marked so I’m glad we could track it on Google maps. A hidden little gem near the city with bridges and streams. The traffic noise was the only down side.

I can’t speak to the shadiness of this trail because most of the trees haven’t bloomed yet, but it was disappointing solely based on its proximity to the highway. You can hear cars zooming past the entire time, plus you’ll keep spotting apartments and homes through the foliage because you walk right past these properties. It’s fine if you’re close by and want to get out and stretch your legs but I won’t be back because I’m looking for something more peaceful where I can get away from the sounds of city life.

I’d agree with other reviewers that it is not well-marked in terms of the main trail, but as long as you have a fair sense of direction you can kinda go anyway you want until you reach the boundary and loop back. It is relatively flat with the exception of one very short steep part in the beginning. I walked with my dog and came across a few bikers, overall thought it was a nice trail. Noisy in parts from powhite parkway being near there but overall I liked it and would recommend. Would be pretty easy for kids I think.

Although this park has some nice nature areas with cool trees and cute creeks, the noise of the highway is overwhelming no matter where you are in the park. It is a park that I am happy to have visited once, but will most likely not be visiting again.

Not my type of trail. To short, to noisy with traffic and sirens close by. But I got to say, if I lived near this this tr ail I would visit it often. Nice forest setting with good ups and downs if you use the inner trails. i would have given it 4 stars if it been more quiet.

Was very surprised to find this gem in Richmond. Decent little trek and if you’re into it-some fun little geocaches spread throughout.

This is a great trail here in Richmond, VA! Very fun to ride your mountain bike through! Link below has video filmed while biking the park and may help provide addition inspiration to visit! https://youtu.be/Ptda6S8vuu0

And to kyles!

It was a nice trail, for our first one in Richmond. Definitely bring bug spray! It was very shady with a few spots of sunlight. Make sure you check your app every once in awhile because you can easily go down an unmarked trail. There were some great spots for running, but for the most part we took a brisk walk.

Mon Apr 22 2019

Sun Mar 17 2019

Great trail !

Sun Jan 27 2019

Can’t say this is a super exciting trail for hiking but it is worth a visit.

Wed Nov 21 2018

A little hidden gem! I never knew this park was here. It’s about a 1.75 mile loop. It’s a great way get a quick challenging (for a novice like me) ride in. You drop in for a brief flat ride until you hit a dangerously steep curved drop to the trail. You’ll cross a windy bridge ( a great Eagle Scout Project) to the Trail. It has a rambling beginning with slight turns but primarily straight, slightly downhill. There is a short curve upward to a decent elevation change. Some rocks but still Trail. There is another nice stretch of flat riding to pick up speed and build endurance. The next section has multiple switchbacks through trees and along narrow paths. Finally you drop into an extremely fun dry creek bed and curl up and down the banks. Then you pop out at the Eagle Scout bridge and decide if you want to do it again. I love it.

Mon Dec 25 2017

I've driven by this park hundreds of time in the past. Never knew this little gem was tucked away in there. Nice network of trails intertwining in the midst of a loop that runs along the expressway on one edge and the quiet fencelines of private property elsewhere. So much there, before you know it, you've put in an hour and a great workout.

Sat Nov 18 2017

quaint.

Tue Jul 11 2017

Great trail for the family. Hikers loved it and our boys (bikers) love the end!

Sat Jun 24 2017

Mon May 08 2017

I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to going back.

Tue Apr 25 2017

Close to highway but a beautiful little hike