Potomac Trail

Potomac Trail is a 1 mile out and back trail located near Woodbridge, Virginia that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike along the Potomac River front in Leesylvania State Park. The gentle trail makes for an easy stroll, with picnic and fishing areas along the way.

This walk is wonderful on a beautiful day. As other reviewers have said, there is some information about the trail on signs. There is benches, grills, and a children's play area. Currently much of the area is under construction, but that doesn't prevent you from walking the trail.

The trail is short and wonderful for people with small children or the elderly. I took my dog to test out some of our hiking equipment. It was a wonderful walk.

Please note that there is a fee to park. I think it's about $4.

I liked it. It was an easy trail but not boring. I loved the whole park.

I agree with Shannon that it was a little boring compared to the other trails in the park.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

good trail if you have kids. otherwise it is boring trail but with interesting information along the trail. it has a playground for kids to play and amble picnic tables. excellent place to go in the spring.