Poor Farm Park Trails

Poor Farm Park Trails is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail really surprised me. I definitely had to change my mindset to be okay with not sticking to the main path without having to closely monitor my GPS on this app- as the trail itself is not marked well. However, this doesn’t necessarily have to be an upsetting thing because all of the alternates that this trail offers are cut out nicely and offer ways back to the main trail.

The scenery for fall was great. The elevation provided challenges that made for great exercise. There are newly installed park benches along the creek. I came across a handful of trail runners and bikers - all who seemed to be having a great time and had claimed this park as their staple playground.

Kid- and dog-friendly trails with a stream midway for the dogs to play/drink. Took my group (2 dogs, 5 yr old, 2 yr old, 16 yr old) about 1:15 to walk.

As other commenters have said, the trails are not marked. Therefore, the map is a good idea.

Not crowded on a beautiful Sunday afternoon - a couple people with dogs and a couple bikers. Not well marked at all - but if you're using the app you can stay on track pretty easily. I would rate this as easy, not moderate.

Really pretty Trails are in good condition. Not very crowded (ran into a few other hikers/bikers). The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that there are no trail markers at all. And there are tons of little trail spurs. This app is accurate and helpful but we had to keep stopping to check where we were.

Just outside of Ashland, pretty wooded trails with a small creek running thru... would be nice if it was marked to show length of trails

Love this place. I just started walking and this trail gave options while walking. Take the high road or low road. Dig in for a tough little incline or go left to keep it easy. Loved having the trails app to help me find the place and to help decide which way to go. I will be back for sure.

Great trails lots of challenges ups downs rocks boulders mud roots tight trails open trails really nice creek
No trail markers but park isn't so big you would get lost I will be back and I will recommend to others

Trails are poorly marked and maintained. Hard to follow the route even with the app.