Poor Farm Park Trails

Poor Farm Park Trails is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ashland, Virginia that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great for walking or bike

Nice wild life. Gave up trying to follow the map. Bring mosquito repellent

This trail really surprised me. I definitely had to change my mindset to be okay with not sticking to the main path without having to closely monitor my GPS on this app- as the trail itself is not marked well. However, this doesn’t necessarily have to be an upsetting thing because all of the alternates that this trail offers are cut out nicely and offer ways back to the main trail.

The scenery for fall was great. The elevation provided challenges that made for great exercise. There are newly installed park benches along the creek. I came across a handful of trail runners and bikers - all who seemed to be having a great time and had claimed this park as their staple playground.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Kid- and dog-friendly trails with a stream midway for the dogs to play/drink. Took my group (2 dogs, 5 yr old, 2 yr old, 16 yr old) about 1:15 to walk.

As other commenters have said, the trails are not marked. Therefore, the map is a good idea.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Not crowded on a beautiful Sunday afternoon - a couple people with dogs and a couple bikers. Not well marked at all - but if you're using the app you can stay on track pretty easily. I would rate this as easy, not moderate.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Really pretty Trails are in good condition. Not very crowded (ran into a few other hikers/bikers). The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that there are no trail markers at all. And there are tons of little trail spurs. This app is accurate and helpful but we had to keep stopping to check where we were.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Just outside of Ashland, pretty wooded trails with a small creek running thru... would be nice if it was marked to show length of trails

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Love this place. I just started walking and this trail gave options while walking. Take the high road or low road. Dig in for a tough little incline or go left to keep it easy. Loved having the trails app to help me find the place and to help decide which way to go. I will be back for sure.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Great trails lots of challenges ups downs rocks boulders mud roots tight trails open trails really nice creek
No trail markers but park isn't so big you would get lost I will be back and I will recommend to others

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Trails are poorly marked and maintained. Hard to follow the route even with the app.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Fun hike, use your GPS or you will not keep on the course. It's nice they have an out house if you need it.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Love this trail. Great scenery Stay oriented it one flaw is its poorly marked. No biggie though it's not far out isn't direction

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Awesome mountain bike trail. Mostly moderate and some beginner trails. Loved it

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great place to get away from town and enjoy nature.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Loved these trails today. A good variety of options, not just one flat loop. Beautiful stream and scenery. A great hike with my dog. Will definitely make a return trip.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Great trails. From wide easy trails to single track. Found myself alone out on the trails.

Friday, January 08, 2016

Nice trail for hiking, but better suited for mountain bikes

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Something for everyone. Trails, trails and more trails. Lots of fun downhill and advanced runs with banked turns, jumps etc.

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Very beautiful. Lots of other trails and a gorgeous stream as well. Good terrain and not all flat.

Monday, November 17, 2014

I really like these trails I went with one of my friends and we had a blast very challenging they got trails from easy to very difficult. The easy trails are very fun kids will enjoy it they hard trails are very difficult and very challenging I had to step off my bike and walk up several times.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Nice trail; nice area and other people. Never really felt like we were away from it all much. Easy walk in the woods.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Peaceful park with nice trail. Challenging climbs upon the more difficult runs. I would give the trail 4 stars, but 3.5 more precise. A very nice area to ride--clean & well maintained trail system; totally recommended.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A nice hike. It was an overcast dsy but still nice out here. I did not pass anyone but it looks well used.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Was a great day.... had the place peacefully to myself... went around two different paths... new carve outs and parts thrashed on.... will return soon...

Friday, June 01, 2012

Very good park especially for mountain bike riding. Trails go from easy to difficult. Many are very challenging and I have to walk some since they're very steep. It's never crowded and very peaceful. It's my main park for mountain bike riding.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Great park, very quite and few people. Not so much a hike as a nice walk through the woods, I've been a couple times and always seem to find a new path.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This is one my favorite places to walk/hike! It doesn't have many people and there are so many different paths to take. There's a creek that runs through it and you can decide to take more or less challenging paths. There are also plenty of rocks to sit and take breaks on.