Pocosin Trail

Pocosin Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Stanardsville, Virginia that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Pocosin Trail meanders down a fire road from Skyline Drive in Shenandoah park. Along the trail is an old cabin and the ruins of an old missionary in the Shenandoah hills.

I walked this trail with my two year old son riding in my pack. It was a little more treacherous than I would have liked, considering such. The rain washed out a good portion of the road and it gets pretty slippery. But the ruins were really neat and worth the short hike.

We were able to bring our dog for an easy hike. Nice forest setting but not too much else to see.

Steeper than I expected on the way back up. Ruins were great to explore

Monday, May 15, 2017

Good for family hiking

Friday, February 27, 2015

This is a very nice hike/walk. I ran the trail a little to increase the workout. If you continue past the old mission moving south along the trails there are some really cool artifacts there. I uploaded a few pictures. It's worth walking an extra half mile.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Good easy hike. Something to see if you need an easy day.

Monday, May 29, 2017