Overall Run Trail

Overall Run Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bentonville, Virginia that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

7.3 miles 2037 feet Loop

Great hike, but be aware that this loop is definitely more than 7.3 miles! Eyeballing the much more useful map here (https://www.nps.gov/shen/upload/Overall-Run.pdf), I'd say it's more like 10-12 miles. Also, it's not called Overall Run the whole way, so make sure to check that map above and know which trails to follow. Basically you take Thompson Hollow, left at Overall Run, after the waterfalls keep climbing and then right onto Matthew's Arm which feeds onto Beecher Ridge trail, then right onto the Beecher/Overall connector trail before meeting up with Overall again and picking up Thompson Hollow to return to the parking area. It sounds complicated but it's really not as long as you have the NPS map handy.

great trail. very steep steps and intense hike at times but safe trail. I went out and back on the waterfall side which has places to sit and watch the waterfalls.

Pretty nice trail, not very many people on it.

Absolutely beautiful! After I parked, I started my walk to the trail. I saw quite a few "no trespassing" signs on either side of the road, which made me nervous, but I continued on straight and I found the trail. The trail is public, and marked with blue lines on the trees so you know you're still on the right track.
There was 1 other person on the trail by the "pools". After chatting with her, I found out she lives there. She was impressed I found it, but the directions were spot on!

Really rocky hike with lots of uphill climbing. About a mile in, we ran into overall run pools which is an awesome place to go swimming. On the rest of the hike, we ran into three more waterfalls, one of them being the tallest one in the Shenandoah National Forest. We even saw a bear! Take plenty of water and a snack.

really rocky hike, but waterfall and view is worth it

Mostly uphill and a lot of Rocks. I would do it again but where we started was really wet and muddy. I think you definitely need a good pair of hiking boots.

Long hike with lots of uphill climbing. The view though, makes it all worth it! Amazing!!!

Hiked this with the family 2 years ago. The Overall Run pools (Seven Pools) is amazing, cool, and refreshing. Take a dip in the pools or a leap into the the big pool (about 9 feet deep but pull your legs up.) This hike and swim was worth it. Be mindful of the Timber Rattlesnake that may be in and around the trail.